Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Oil Catch Can

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
Has anyone installed an oil catch can?

For under the car or on the Pcv system. If your getting a abundance of oil in the Pcv system u could have bad rings and getting a lot of blow by. Wouldn't see a reason on a modern car?:dunno:

They're very popular with ATS owners.

CC :wave:

For under the car or on the Pcv system. If your getting a abundance of oil in the Pcv system u could have bad rings and getting a lot of blow by. Wouldn't see a reason on a modern car?:dunno:

I'm not getting an excessive amount of oil, just a "Normal??" amount.

I'd rather get zero amount if I can. It's better to have gas and air entering you engine than gas, air, and oil no matter how much oil or oil vapor it is.

Just my thinking.

I'm going to add a can to my engine. It's easier to empty a container than it is to remove the throttle body and cleaning out the intake area. I don't like to mess around with the little wires in the body. That's a costly item.

oil pan gasket what is a catch can

Before I bought my XLR the valve covers were re-gasket. But now I am told my oil pan is leaking and the dealer wants $1,100. Any ideas?

When I started modifying my motor, I considered adding one. But we tear down the supercharger and throttle body every winter and even with my 26psi boost the first year, there is very, very little oil backing up from the PVC. The second year, we backed down the boost to 18psi and the SC was clean. Last winter, we turned the boost back up after opening the exhaust with headers and 3" pipes, and there's still very little so we scrapped the idea.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom