Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Oil change

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I just changed the oil in the x. It says 8 Qts with filter witch I put in but it only shows half way up on the x marks. Also, how do you reset the oil life indicator. Thanks Dave

You're fine with 8 quarts, don't add anymore.

To reset your oil life, use your information arrows (to the right of the speedometer) & scroll up or down until it shows the remaining oil life. (Ignition on or engine running.)
Press & hold the reset button until it displays 100%.

Kathy :wave:

This information from Cadillac Tech :cool:

You're fine with 8 quarts, don't add anymore.

To reset your oil life, use your information arrows (to the right of the speedometer) & scroll up or down until it shows the remaining oil life. (Ignition on or engine running.)
Press & hold the reset button until it displays 100%.

Kathy :wave:

This information from Cadillac Tech :cool:

Now he has you doing his work:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Next you will be telling us he took over the camera duties:chuckle:chuckle

You guys have a great holiday!! we'll definetaly have to get together after the New Year!!

Now he has you doing his work:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Next you will be telling us he took over the camera duties:chuckle:chuckle

You guys have a great holiday!! we'll definetaly have to get together after the New Year!!

He's not qualified to operate my camera!! :laugh:

Actually, all this time I've been answering the technical questions! :laugh::laugh:

Kathy :rocker:

You have to check the oil when the engine is hot on all Northstar engines. Will read low when cold Doug-j:pat:

You have to check the oil when the engine is hot on all Northstar engines. Will read low when cold Doug-j:pat:

Time is more important then temperature when it comes to checking the oil level after an oil change. After filling with oil, start the engine, check for leaks and let the engine run for a few minutes. Shut off the engine and wait 10-15 minutes and check oil level. It does not have to be at the MAX mark, anywhere in the hash marks is fine.

Bruce :patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back