Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

one more new guy

Good job! Welcome!

Congratulations! Welcome to the group!:wave:

After five years of looking, bought a 2008 with 17k miles last week. New toy!

Congratulations! You are going to love that new toy! Perhaps I will see you this winter; bringing my XLR south with me this year, we are in Port Charlotte! I see you bought the fast color!

My Belated Welcome : )

Oops. Sorry I didn't welcome you to The XLR Site Sooner. Just been really busy and my inattentive Forum Visits. My Bad. ;) Anyhow, welcome!

Bought mine a few years ago in San Diego. Also a one owner. Before I drove it back to Colorado I took it to the dealer that sold it new. After inspecting the car (28,000 miles on odometer) he laughed. Told me "It needs all new brakes again. This will be the 3rd time." Me, "Huh. How can that be with this low a mileage? :dunno:--- "Well the prior owners (Bob and Mary in their 80's) both have a really bad habit. Left foot resting on the brake pedal, always, and right on the gas pedal." --- As it had about 1/16" pad left, I limped it back to Colorado and immediately installed new pads and rotors.

Post some pics when you can.

Last edited:
Your sub title

Congratulations! You are going to love that new toy! Perhaps I will see you this winter; bringing my XLR south with me this year, we are in Port Charlotte! I see you bought the fast color!

I pointed your sub title out to my wife about not being a car collector with only one car. :) FYI, I agree! Problem though. My wife disagrees. So unreasonable. :(

FOUND the right one,,,

Congrats on your purchase,,,,sounds like you found a nice one!

ENJOY the RIDE

I pointed your sub title out to my wife about not being a car collector with only one car. :) FYI, I agree! Problem though. My wife disagrees. So unreasonable. :(

I 'am' the wife and fortunately for me my hubby is just as car crazy as I am. Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!.... and variety is the spice of life!

Our disputes begin when we decide we need to sell a few when our collection gets too big and we are both saying 'well I don't want to sell W, X, Y or Z........
:lol: A matter of fact I insist 'my' cars are in my name so he can not sell anything of mine without my approval and signature. Four or five years ago he sold a 65 Riviera (it was 'his') that I really loved and I was not happy he had sold it and I told the buyer (a local guy who is what I consider a 'the flavor of the week' kind of guy) that I was not happy Steve was selling it and to 'please let me know if he ever decides' to sell it. Steve kind of regretted selling that car afterwards too.....fast forward to last year and he was contemplating trying to find another 65 Riveria so I called the guy who bought ours, he was thinking it may be time to get rid of it so I and bought it back! (it is back in Steve's name though :( )

Car collecting is a hobby for some but more of a disease for us: but neither of us are seeking a cure. :burnout:

Too Funny! "What a Neat Lady".

I 'am' the wife and fortunately for me my hubby is just as car crazy as I am. Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!.... and variety is the spice of life!

Our disputes begin when we decide we need to sell a few when our collection gets too big and we are both saying 'well I don't want to sell W, X, Y or Z........
:lol: A matter of fact I insist 'my' cars are in my name so he can not sell anything of mine without my approval and signature. Four or five years ago he sold a 65 Riviera (it was 'his') that I really loved and I was not happy he had sold it and I told the buyer (a local guy who is what I consider a 'the flavor of the week' kind of guy) that I was not happy Steve was selling it and to 'please let me know if he ever decides' to sell it. Steve kind of regretted selling that car afterwards too.....fast forward to last year and he was contemplating trying to find another 65 Riveria so I called the guy who bought ours, he was thinking it may be time to get rid of it so I and bought it back! (it is back in Steve's name though :( )

Car collecting is a hobby for some but more of a disease for us: but neither of us are seeking a cure. :burnout:

Actually, my wife is very 'tolerant' over my car craziness, for the most part. As a result, she is now driving our most recent addition as her 'daily driver'. A 2016 Cadillac SRX AWD in Silver Coast Metallic. Had 13,800 miles on it when obtained six weeks ago. Looked at The New XT5's, but liked the more radical styling better of The SRX. :cool:

The 65 Riviera is a neat vehicle. Don't blame you for wanting it back. Kudos! Yet, MISTAKE! In Steve's name?
:wave:

SRX and XLR

Actually, my wife is very 'tolerant' over my car craziness, for the most part. As a result, she is now driving our most recent addition as her 'daily driver'. A 2016 Cadillac SRX AWD in Silver Coast Metallic. Had 13,800 miles on it when obtained six weeks ago. Looked at The New XT5's, but liked the more radical styling better of The SRX. :cool:

The 65 Riviera is a neat vehicle. Don't blame you for wanting it back. Kudos! Yet, MISTAKE! In Steve's name?
:wave:

Interesting on the SRX as my wife has a 2013 SRX same color as my XLR. Also looked at XT5 and did not care for it as much as SRX. Will stop by some day and look at new XT4 just for grins. :cool:

Interesting on the SRX as my wife has a 2013 SRX same color as my XLR. Also looked at XT5 and did not care for it as much as SRX. Will stop by some day and look at new XT4 just for grins. :cool:

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry