Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Page loading slow?

Popbigguy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15
Is it just my computer? But the pages load so slow. It goes to the new page fast, but I have to wait a while before I can click onto anything else. Maybe I shouldn't have down loaded IE 10 so early!
Chad

Is it just my computer? But the pages load so slow. It goes to the new page fast, but I have to wait a while before I can click onto anything else. Maybe I shouldn't have down loaded IE 10 so early!
Chad

I didn't notice anything different on mine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

The only thing that I have noticed is an annoying slowdown when clicking a link into the forums from an email notification. Why it takes so long for the page to load when clicking on a link from an email - makes no sense to me.

As soon as I release the XLR Registry and the site redesign - I will be upgrading the forum software with the latest release, and then I'm actually going to move the entire site to a dedicated server at a different hosting provider.

That server has one other site on it, which I own, so the server will only have two web sites on it, one of which will be the XLR Net.

Part of the problem is that the XLR Net is hosted at a different hosting provider on a "virtual server" which has more than 15 other web sites on the same server. If any of those sites experience a high surge in traffic - it affects the performance of the XLR Net web site as well.

By moving the XLR Net to a different server which is a dedicated server with only one other, low volume web site on it - I have complete control over the server.

SO....I will be releasing the XLR Registry and the new site redesign within a week. A couple weeks after that, I will move the XLR Net to the other server and we should all see a dramatic increase in performance! :blinzel:

Also, I just noticed something....

Not sure when you noticed the slowdown, but I just noticed this:

Most users ever online was 1,523, 03-25-2013 at 11:13 PM. That's a huge record for us. So the forums were definitely under a big load around that time last night.

Also, I just noticed something....

Not sure when you noticed the slowdown, but I just noticed this:

Most users ever online was 1,523, 03-25-2013 at 11:13 PM. That's a huge record for us. So the forums were definitely under a big load around that time last night.

Sounds like a fix Rob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry