Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Paint producer experiences

CadillacSam

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Gray
Hi everybody.

I got some paint dents on my XLR I wanted to fix the next weeks before summer comes.
(maybe stick or with my airbrush machine)

Because I had bad experiences getting the fitting color shade by paint manufactoring companies for my DeVille here in Germany
I would like to know what experiences others made with different brands?
And were to buy them? Not every warehouse sends packages to Europe.

Thanks a lot,
Sammy

you are not going to get a match with a touch up like you will with a spray. Colors are basecoat clearcoat and sprayed so its going to be noticeable. Most any auto paint supply in Germany can do a color scan of the car with a paint scanner and mix you a small amount. Look for Sikkens dealer and they can even mix it and put the paint in a small spray can. you will still need to clearcoat. There are many companies that do a touch up and do a good job here . I am sure there are the same mobile units there .Just look for them in the parking lot at the dealer

you are not going to get a match with a touch up like you will with a spray. Colors are basecoat clearcoat and sprayed so its going to be noticeable. Most any auto paint supply in Germany can do a color scan of the car with a paint scanner and mix you a small amount. Look for Sikkens dealer and they can even mix it and put the paint in a small spray can. you will still need to clearcoat. There are many companies that do a touch up and do a good job here . I am sure there are the same mobile units there .Just look for them in the parking lot at the dealer

Problem is not the scanner tool, but the matching with databases. Because as I wrote not all increments are allowed to mix colors in Germany.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom