Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
  • The Cadillac XLR Net is now on instagram! Follow Us!

Paint

First Robin

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.
Has anybody had their whole car repainted? :confused:

I had my '93 Black STS totally repainted due to the fact I was in acid rain on a return trip from Illinois to Colorado. When I traded it in they really low balled me due to having it repainted. All my work is always done by the authorized dealer so I was pretty upset as I lost a few thousand. I hope I never have to go thru that again.

JCP

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR
Why do you have to get your XLR repainted??? I have had other cars repainted. I also modifed the cars so the vaule went up acutally.

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Well - As nice a job as Ray does on keeping Lola spiffy ... but being a DD .... and been on hard roads (that would be Oklahoma) ... :mad: ... her paint could be refreshed. It's interesting to hear the difference though between the two of you .... one having a positive experience, the other practically punished.

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
Likely story...............Ray rubbed all the paint off..............Hey Ruthie how about Black Cherry, that would look awfully nice, and what Kent said, Ghost flames. Silly.
Well - As nice a job as Ray does on keeping Lola spiffy ... but being a DD .... and been on hard roads (that would be Oklahoma) ... :mad: ... her paint could be refreshed. It's interesting to hear the difference though between the two of you .... one having a positive experience, the other practically punished.

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
I lovvvvvvvvvvvvve ghost flames! That isn't cool, huh? Oh well, I like them anyway. :D

This would not be the first car that Ray has rubbed the paint from ... :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to take Lola into the local Corvette repair shop and talk with them about paint .... you know, a girl just can't know too much about paint. :pat:

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Here you go Ruth: http://www.killerpaint.com/index.html

I have yet to see anyone top this guy when it comes to flame paint jobs. Check out his gallery and judge for yourself. He painted a helicopter once that made the local news in my neck of the woods when someone reported it on fire!

CC :wave:

That guy is infreakingcredible. :worship: I love flames. Our son in law has a pickle fork jet boat - white with flames .... it rocks. Really.

Thanks for sharing that website ...

PassionDiva5150

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Passion Red XLR
Likely story...............Ray rubbed all the paint off..............Hey Ruthie how about Black Cherry, that would look awfully nice, and what Kent said, Ghost flames. Silly.

Hey, I like ghost flames, I think they can make a car!!! But of course, they have to be done just right and the color has to be perfect. I am thinking of having the Shelby flamed, as a surprise for Mark. I am thinking since it is red with black strips, some hot pink, a soft lavender, and maybe just a little aqua, it will look really cute.:lol::lol::lol:. I think as he flies up and down the freeway, he will get all the looks. What more could a real man want????????:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom