Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Passenger door dead!

indyraz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR/V
Hello all, I've not seen this particular problem posted yet, hoping someone knows what the issue might be. Situation: Parked my '06 in the garage a couple days ago and left the top down, this morning went to go and the top will not go up. Oddly the passenger door is not functioning and being the window won't go down that is probably stopping the top from operating. So, my main issue I believe is the passenger door, nothing is working on it, like it's fuse was pulled, (don't know if there is an individiual fuse) only way to open it is via the floor release. The unlock switch on the door does nothing nor does the red light at the top of the door. Door will not open from the outside and the window does not function, it is in the full up position. Drivers door and window works just fine. Suggestions?

sounds sort of like the wiring harness plug has come undone in the hinge pillar. or something has pinched or cut the wires .there are several circuits involved that would not all fail at one time. I would pull the rubber flex boot at the door to hinge first and check to see what the wiring look like

sounds sort of like the wiring harness plug has come undone in the hinge pillar. or something has pinched or cut the wires .there are several circuits involved that would not all fail at one time. I would pull the rubber flex boot at the door to hinge first and check to see what the wiring look like
You are probably correct, I'm guessing oxidation or other connection monster, just odd the whole door went dead, locking and window, etc. Thanks!

Turns out the "door module" is a part of the "door regulator" and the door needs to come apart to get to it. Still looking for other power junctions more accessable. Thanks

I think only the left door has a module as its for the express down. and controls both windows but not the locks . I will look at one I have to make sure .Its been a while since I have been inside the door.

Thank you, I have the service manuals for this car and found there are two modules, one in each door. Looking at the complexity of taking the door apart I guess my only option is to take it to a dealer $$$$. Someone also mentioned the possiblity of a lost ground which I need to look into as that would also make sense. Thanks!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom