Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Performance Mods for 2006 XLR-V?

QIKCADI

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red Jewel XLR-V
Hello,

Recent excited owner of an '06 V. It's currently bone stock and I'm interested in boosting the power some with reasonable performance enhancements.
Honestly, I've been scouring the internet and not finding much unfortunately.

Seems D3 is no longer. I did find the Northstar Performance and looking into doing a Stage 3 retune as well as their less restrictive Cat.
I plan to install aftermarket mufflers to add a little power and a little throat.

Can anyone provide any company websites where I might find more?

I'm interested in a CAI, perhaps a smaller SC pulley for a little more boost, etc.
Simple add on stuff without pulling the motor.

Thx all for any advice you can convey.

Mike

Welcome and congratulations on your new ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron MIke

Welcome to the club. How many miles on your 06 V? Your color is called InfraRed for Cadillac. Red Jewel is for the other car at Bowling Green. By the way you have the fastest and best color for an XLR.

Army Al, I thought my 07 V was infrared and when I went to the local dealer to get some touch up paint my car came up as red jewel tint coat. Go figure.
John F

Thx all for the welcome. Car has 13k miles. I thought the color was red jewel for Cadi. Have to look into that. If anyone can provide any direction on power enhancements, I'm listening!

Cadillac brochures list the color as InfraRed. Corvette color is Red Jewel. I'll stick with InfraRed. Corvette owners will think it's a different color. What do they know. They bought the cheaper brand.

John, after referring to google, Cadillac XLR had 2 red colors in 2007, InfraRed for the Base and V models and Pasion Red for the Base model limited edition only. Now I'm confused, glad I'm old.

Army Al, I think I can help on this one. In 07 Passion Red was a special color like Black Star was in 06. The 07 Passion Red had as part of the package chrome wheels and a chrome grill. The red was like fire engine red. As far as our other conversation with infrared and red jewel I am getting confused but not glad I am old.
John F.

Army Al, I just looked up my car on the registry. It says Infrared. The dealer tells me Red Jewel. I guess it's infrared like you say.
John F.

Welcome!

Welcome to The XLR Site. I do think "Infrared" is correct. In spite of prior kidding back and forth with "XLR Rating", I think all The XLR's are beautiful. Do love The Infrared. :wave:

Welcome to The XLR Site. I do think "Infrared" is correct. In spite of prior kidding back and forth with "XLR Rating", I think all The XLR's are beautiful. Do love The Infrared. :wave:

Yay, Charles came around to the right side! :chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back