Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Pirelli World Challenge 2015

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
The 2015 season of the Pirelli World Challenge next month, with the first race at COTA in Austin, TX. This is also the debit for Cadillac's all new ATS-VR race cars. Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim will again be the drivers for the Cadillac Team, looking to make it four in a row an both Driver championship points and Manufacturer championship points. Good Luck to Team Cadillac!!

Hoping to make a couple of the events in person!!

Link to schedule:
Schedule | Pirelli World Challenge

An fyi to the Texas area owners, I received an email yesterday regarding COTA race and Cadillac will have a V car corral. If you need the information let me know and I can forward the email to you.

An fyi to the Texas area owners, I received an email yesterday regarding COTA race and Cadillac will have a V car corral. If you need the information let me know and I can forward the email to you.

Also for the Texas area folks, the Texas V Club is also working with Cadillac Marketing and has some extras for their club members. More info can be found here. Looks like they have 81 registrants already.

I havent talked to Cadillac Marketing, yet, this year, so I don't know if our "ALL XLRs" deal is still in place. I'm making all my annual race and show reservations this weekend and hope to email them then.

Last edited:
Weather looks to be improving for Elkhart Lake Cadillac Races. Can't wait for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all that are joining in.

See you there!

Weather looks to be improving for Elkhart Lake Cadillac Races. Can't wait for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all that are joining in.

We received our tickets last week ... Looking forward to seeing you guys too. It will be a nice "family" weekend (without Devin, though ... maybe we can Skype with him while we are up there :cool:) Safe travels - see you Saturday am.

Road America--Not a good weekend for Cadillac

The Pirelli World Challenge at Road America was not a good weekend for Cadillac. In the World Challenge formula for balance of power (BOP); Cadillac lost 30HP against the field for all three races; which included a make up race from the rainout in Detroit and two for Road America. Both Cadillacs started near the rear of the GT class on all three races. Johnny was able to fight his way into the top ten all three races, finishing 8th on Friday and Saturday and pulling out a 7th place finish on Sunday.

Talking to both drivers and Cadillac personnel, everyone in the GT class has figured out the BOP really means Bentley on the pole. Hopefully before Mid-Ohio, Cadillac will either get the HP back or the current leaders will lose HP as well. Johnny and Cadillac currently stand 3rd for the year in Driver and Manufacturer Points, with four racing weekends remaining. Hopefully they can finish strong to make it four titles in a row! Go Cadillac Racing!!

2015 Final Standings

For the fourth consecutive year, Cadillac Racing driver, Johnny O'Connell is the 2015 Pirelli World Challenge GT driver champion! Cadillac Racing battled not only other teams throughout the season, but glitches and demons in the new ATS-VR race cars. Even winning races, proved to be a curse, as they then lost valuable HP to the field to make the racing 'fair'. Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren seemed to dominate the class, but Johnny always seemed to find a way to hang around and pick up points. Cadillac finished third in the manufacturers points behind Porsche and Ferrari.

Congratulations to Johnny O'Connell and Team Cadillac! Looking forward to the 2016 season and seeing Johnny and Andy battling for another championship.

For all results go to: Home | Pirelli World Challenge

Cadillac splits with Pilgrim

The 15-year relationship between championship-winning sports car driver Andy Pilgrim and General Motors has come to an end.

<!-- EOF subtitle2 block -->

"I can confirm I won't be driving a Cadillac for GM next year," Pilgrim told RACER. "15 years is a long time for any relationship, and I'm so very thankful for all we achieved together. I have nothing other than positive thoughts to share about my time with GM, in the Corvette Racing team, with Cadillac, and everything we've done together for so long."
Pilgrim supported teammate Johnny O'Connell during an amazing string of four consecutive PWC GT championships, and was part of Cadillac's initial CTS-V.R campaign (BELOW) and the new ATS-V.R effort fielded by Pratt & Miller Engineering. The Briton won the 2005 PWC GT title for Cadillac, and has been an integral part of GM's road racing programs in America and abroad.
"I haven't had much time to look around, so I'm just starting to look at what's out there for me to drive," Pilgrim said of his next steps. "I've been making calls and I hope to hear from teams who might want a driver with an FIA Silver rating in IMSA, and I'd still love to race in the Pirelli World Challenge series. There's still a lot of gas left in my tank."

We'll have to wait and see who Cadillac picks to fill Andy's spot for 2016!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom