Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Pirelli World Challenge Event at Circuit of the Americas 2016 on 03/03/2016

onalaska

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infared XLR-V
Tickets on the way, looks like good weather, can't wait!

THIS IS YOUR VIP INVITATION TO
THE CADILLAC V-SERIES CAR CORRAL
AT THE CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS.

Experience Team Cadillac race towards
a World Challenge GT Championship in Austin.
Friday, March 4[SUP]th[/SUP] - Sunday, March 6[SUP]th[/SUP]
cadillac-logo.jpg
CADILLAC 3-DAY RACE PACKAGE
• One exclusive on-site parking pass to the Cadillac V-Series Corral. Permitted to V-Series vehicles only. Guests arriving in vehicles other than a Cadillac V-Series will not be able to park in the corral.
• Two 3-Day Admission tickets to watch the race from the Cadillac V-Series hospitality suite.
• Catered food and beverage including continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks in the Cadillac V-Series hospitality suite.
• Special meet and greet with Cadillac Racing drivers, Johnny O'Connell and Michael Cooper.
• Guided tour of the Cadillac Paddock to meet Team Cadillac engineers and mechanics.
• See the All New ATS-V Coupe, ATS-V Sedan, and CTS-V Sedan up close and personal.
• Exclusive access to take your personal V on the COTA track.

Race Schedule:
http://files.world-challenge.com/events/2016-03-cota/2016-PWC-COTA-Schedule-Final-v3a.pdf

Last edited:
Cadillac at the Pirelli World Challenge at COTA in Austin

We just got back from the Pirelli World Challenge event in Austin last weekend and Cadillac did a great job hosting over one hundred "V" owners this year. Circuit of the Americas (COTA) is one incredible track and facility celebrating it's fifth year. Sadly there were only two XLR-Vs there and one was mine. During one of the presentations in the Cadillac hospitality suite I won the chance to drive a new ATS-V around the track before the race started. They gave away 4 chances to win over the weekend and I won one of them by correctly answering a question about how long Cadillac had existed. They called it a "Parade Lap", but it was anything but, coming around turn one the pedal down hard and it was really fun driving for the next 3.4 miles with three ATS-Vs in a lead-follow run around the track. They also offered the opportunity for everyone to enjoy a hot lap around the course riding shotgun with a professional driver and taking a ATS-V out on the street for an extended drive to experience the car on the highway. Here are some pictures from the event.

Sunday's race was particularly exciting with Johnny O'Connell taking first place and Michael Cooper right behind him in second place. What a perfect ending to a three day weekend!

Talk about exciting, here I am in the black ATS-V sitting in front of the pace car and all the race cars lined up for the next race.

Here is a picture of grid walk before the drive around the track on Sunday. I was driving the black ATS-V the day before. The leader, a driver from Cadillac, was in the red one.

Everyone got a chance to drive their "V's" around the track at the end of the day and that calls for something only the XLR can do with the top down!

More pics

Here is a video at the start of Sunday's race, click on the image and it should play.

If you watch closely you can see the Nissan GTR hit the back of a Porsche and spin him off the track. The Porsche won the race on Saturday and wound up wrecked after being hit from behind by the Nissan in Sunday's race.

More pictures, other cars in the GT and GTA class include Nissan GTR, Bentley Continental, McLaren, Aston Martin, Audi, Mercedes Porsche, and others.

Yep, that's a Bentley Continental

O'Connell crossing the finish line first in Sunday's race.

Cooper right behind O'Connell for second place.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom