Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Powdercoated brake calipers

Powder-coating can be performed by most high-end body shops, or they'll send it out to someone who can. Just Google, "Powder-coating" + your zip code.

CC

Thanks hawkeye372 for the quick reply! :)
They do look good with the black letters. Makes me wonder if I should do my letters in maybe the same blue as the car or yellow.
I do like the idea of powder coating both the front and rear calipers the same color (still not sure which color) and replacing the rotors with maybe slotted and drilled ones.
My Baby is presently getting detailed, road rash paint correction, scratch removal done in Round Rock Texas. Thinking this is a good time to do the calipers, etc. while she is being pampered and resting in their shop.

Was just wonder if Cadillac Tech was still doing the powder coating they talked about in this thread.

Best wish... :wave:
Dave

I agree with you Dave. Better to do it now when everything is being done. Yellow with a blue car hummm. It’s all about taste and how you want it. You could ask your detail guy what he says. I know that before I had mine done I researched for about a month or so what colors looked good. But I was also thinking how many bottles of touch up paint would it take to paint the lettering. [emoji23] and I finally went to my dealership and asked my service guy his opinion. That’s when he said he could do it. But he would do it right and bleed out the break lines since the tires were going to be off the car. It’s been a couple yrs now and the paint has held up so as you saw from my pic. Still enjoying the car and I attend local shows here in north Florida. I’ve even added to my plaques for best of show, 1st place, 3rd place etc.
cb3201f6be798ee63feb84b3e1791d8b.jpg
5af7fd00d624adc36da5d5bdf8eabb94.jpg
I’ve even gone as far as having a shirt made that says convertible life. Sometimes I wear it at shows and cruise ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Awesome!
Love the t-shirt... :cool:
Good idea, I will talk with the detail guys tomorrow. I did as CC suggested and found a few powder coating shops near here, just waiting on their quotes to roll in.
Thanks ccclarke :thumbsup
Once they get the paint corrections done and polished up to show room glow I plan on having Baby coated with 4 layers of Ceramic Pro, its a liquid nano-ceramic coating with a 9H hardness kinda-of like putting a glass shield on her.:cool: Got to protect my Baby....

And a trip to Bowling Green September 2018 sounds like a great time, I will make plans to be there.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dave

Powder coated calipers

DaveH,

Cadillac Tech isn't on here much anymore, so I'll try and help you on this. You need to look online for mikethepowdercoater. He has done the work for Cadillac Tech in years past. He also has XLR calipers in stock and will paint them however you want them, ship them out to you and you change yours out and then send yours back to him for the next job. Powder coating holds up much better than just painting the calipers and has a better gloss to them. They also seem to clean up easier.

Hope this helps.

Wow Awesome!
Love the t-shirt... :cool:
Good idea, I will talk with the detail guys tomorrow. I did as CC suggested and found a few powder coating shops near here, just waiting on their quotes to roll in.
Thanks ccclarke :thumbsup
Once they get the paint corrections done and polished up to show room glow I plan on having Baby coated with 4 layers of Ceramic Pro, its a liquid nano-ceramic coating with a 9H hardness kinda-of like putting a glass shield on her.:cool: Got to protect my Baby....

And a trip to Bowling Green September 2018 sounds like a great time, I will make plans to be there.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dave

Oh btw on the subject of detail. Back in ‘13 or ‘14 I had my trunk was damp after a big storm. So after several trips of confusion back to my dealership. They put on a extra coat of sealant and they gave me a free detail. So I have the celijet paint sealant detail on the car. It cost around $1800 or so. But the product is worth it. Sounds like something you’re having done Dave. But as you can see it still looks like I drove her out of the showroom
e4e1f8fa8d60faffe468295041ca251c.jpg
. Good luck with your cars spa treatment. Post some pics of your xlr whenever you get the car back.
Yes happy thanksgiving to everyone

UPDATE!!

DaveH,

Here is the link to Mike's website: http://powdermike.com/ However it seems he is closed, as he's moving from the Atlanta area to Washington state, so it may be awhile before he can get to you. I did forget to mention he has the brackets as well and most do them in a contrasting color from the calipers. Good luck with your project!

DaveH,

Here is the link to Mike's website: Powder Coating, metal finishing, sandblasting services located in Bellevue, WA - powdermike.com However it seems he is closed, as he's moving from the Atlanta area to Washington state, so it may be awhile before he can get to you. I did forget to mention he has the brackets as well and most do them in a contrasting color from the calipers. Good luck with your project!

Thanks cubby558!
I found the site and sent an email with my contact info for when he gets back up and running again.

Dave

Sent from my SM-A500H using Tapatalk

We got a company here in Lincoln NE that does powder coating. They use to work for a big aviation Co. here in town and went out on their own business. I've seen them at home shows and car shows. You can't do any more than give them a call and see what their prices are

Powder Coating Lincoln, NE - CrossLinc Custom Coatings

You're right Chad; there are powder coaters everywhere, but Mike has XLR calipers and brackets in stock ready to coat the color you want and send them to you to swap out for your existing calipers. The only 'down time' is when you are swapping them out. you then send your back to him and he sandblasts them and gets them ready for the next one. That's a lot easier than taking all your calipers and brackets off and taking them to get powder coated locally and having your car just sitting. JMO

We got a company here in Lincoln NE that does powder coating. They use to work for a big aviation Co. here in town and went out on their own business. I've seen them at home shows and car shows. You can't do any more than give them a call and see what their prices are

Powder Coating Lincoln, NE - CrossLinc Custom Coatings

And to add to what cubby58 said, Mike also rebuilds the calipers & so when you get them, not only do they look great, but they run great.
Had mine done by Mike a few years ago & they still look like the day I got ‘em.

ras

They look good. Wish you lived closer .

I had mine done in Red last year. Want to get the STS done as well but waiting until I upgrade to ceramic pads as these OEM pads on The STS 1SG put out more dust than anything I have ever seen.
You stole my call sign. Haha!!!!

I go by JettBoyy also JettBoyy at point 92.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom