Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Premium Maintenance Plan

Phrede

Seasoned Member
I just purchased an '08 XLR-V with 30k miles and have found that the original owner (a story in itself) had a maintenance plan. After a quick web search it looks like it is transferable for $50. The plan has about 7 months left.

Is it worth it? I am not sure yet what standard maintenance at this mileage level is.

Money well spent, imo!

Spend $50, but get atleast one oil change,,,,. You'd be $'s ahead.

After calling the dealer..... I'm told that it just follows the VIN and there is no fee. Even Better!

Now lets see if they justify match mounting and road force balancing to get rid of a vibration that peaks around 83MPH. I've never owned a vehicle with 19" wheels. I am used to wheel balance problems peaking around 60-65MPH. Sound familiar to anyone?

How do you explain to the dealer a problem that happens at illegal speeds? Is this generally a problem? Am I the only one here to exceed the speed limit?:laugh:

At the risk of rambling on... My first accessories, Pre-painted bumper plugs for those nasty unused holes in the front bumper, touch up paint from Dr. ColorChip, Mild to Wild remote control

From what I was told by my dealer is the "Premium Maintenance Warranty" (oil changes, transmission oil changes) are NOT transferred to the second owner. Was I given the wrong information by my dealership?

:cool:

From what I was told by my dealer is the "Premium Maintenance Warranty" (oil changes, transmission oil changes) are NOT transferred to the second owner. Was I given the wrong information by my dealership?

Lazy or uninformed dealer, it does transfer at no charge if it was purchased by the original owner and has time still left on it.

Lazy or uninformed dealer, it does transfer at no charge if it was purchased by the original owner and has time still left on it.

That part I know, from what I read there is a maintenance warranty that covers oil changes and transmission oil changes if the DIC indicates such for the lifetime of the vehicle. Pointed this out to the service manager at my dealership and he said that it does not transfer to the second owner.

That part I know, from what I read there is a maintenance warranty that covers oil changes and transmission oil changes if the DIC indicates such for the lifetime of the vehicle. Pointed this out to the service manager at my dealership and he said that it does not transfer to the second owner.

So now your next step is to directly contact you Cadillac Zone/Regional Manager. He will call on the dealer and teach him what that plan means and that is does transfer to the new owner. I know from first hand experience, I am well acquainted with my Regional manager and he is one of the best. The plan is on the vehicle, not the person that original purchased the vehicle.

So now your next step is to directly contact you Cadillac Zone/Regional Manager. He will call on the dealer and teach him what that plan means and that is does transfer to the new owner. I know from first hand experience, I am well acquainted with my Regional manager and he is one of the best. The plan is on the vehicle, not the person that original purchased the vehicle.

Thanks First Robin......I will do exactly that. :cool:

Thanks First Robin......I will do exactly that. :cool:

A little history of Cadillac experience, bought my first Cadillac at 25 years of age, just bought my 14th Cadillac at the age of 77. Fifty two years of being a Cadillac owner. If Cadillac gets a complaint on a dealer they do step in and follow up. The manufacturer wants to keep the owners happy and making sure the dealer gives them what they are entitled to. Just keep a smile on your face, don't raise your voice but be firm in you tone about what you want and are entitled to according to documentation and they can even furnish you with the documentation. The dealer is not going to loose any money as Cadillac pays him for the service work under warranty.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom