Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Procedure for changing the oil

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

OK actually looking for the jacking points. I'm thinking that since the XLR shares the same basic under structure of the Vette that it should be likewise have the same lifting procedure (right behind and in from the front wheel and right in front of and in from the rear wheel) I'm looking at the owner's manual and the lifting points are way back and up front. Going by these, the garage that I go to, its car lift's extensions aren't long enough , even at full extend. What is the best way? Looking for a garage locally that has the drive on lift , but can not locate one. I do know Wal-Mart has them. I am providing my oil and filter (not thinking they do that in that instance ) and am not really confident about those guys that work there. I want to be there watching what is going on.

And are there grease points on the XLR?

Any suggestions?

Bill

Last edited:
The best commercial way is one of those places that have a pit below the car. No lifting at all.
That said, I keep a set of polyeurethane "pucks" in the cubby storage hole for times when a jack is used. No crushed bodywork that way. Like these on EBAY

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom