Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

PROUD NEW MEMBER - 2007 XLR called PHANTOM

Russ V

YEP AFTER FALLING IN LOVE AT THE 2004 CAR SHOW HERE IN BUFFALO NY.. AND AFTER READING ABOUT THE XLR FOR YEARS AND YEARNING FOR ONE OF MY OWN.. MY WIFE WAKES UP ONE MORNING AND SAYS TO ME "LIFE IS SHORT... BUY THE CAR" .. SO I DID... I PURCHASED MY BLACK 07 FROM AN AWESOME GENTLEMEN IN FLORIDA NAMED TOM WHO KEPT IT IN PERFECT SHAPE... I HAD IT SHIPPED BACK TO WESTERN NY IN LATE OCTOBER 2019.. DROVE IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN HAD TO PUT IT IN STORAGE... IN FEBRUARY I WAS NOTIFIED THAT THE STORAGE FACILITY WHERE I HAD MY PERFECT XLR STORED WAS BROKEN INTO... YEP THE ONLY CAR THAT THEY APPROACHED WAS MINE... SMASHED THE DRIVERS WINDOW AND SHIMMIED HIS WAY IN... OF COURSE HE DAMAGED THE EXTERIOR DOOR AND ROOF PAINT AND DESTROYED THE RUBBER TRIM... INSURANCE COVERED THE MESS, AND AFTER A MONTH OF SECURING PARTS AND WAITING FOR THE PAINT SHOP TO FINISH UP I GOT MY 07 PHANTOM BACK AS PERFECT AS IT WAS BEFORE...

I HAVE SINCE ADDED A CORSA SPORT PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM ON IT AND A REAR SWAY BAR... IT GROWLS NICE AND HANDLES BETTER THAN EVER IN THE TWISTIES.....
CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER...

Love it! You got your baby back to original! Love the name too, we call our 05 Roxy! She’s cruz’ed to 103K and still running great! Welcome to world of XLR’s you are gonna love it TopLess
Here’s Roxy
aa919e32e937220130bbf52f27b1dfc2.plist

6e1e39a95569d3a416dc4dd5a242419e.plist

a10fedcb73c6ffd5225458c3094ffb62.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEP AFTER FALLING IN LOVE AT THE 2004 CAR SHOW HERE IN BUFFALO NY.. AND AFTER READING ABOUT THE XLR FOR YEARS AND YEARNING FOR ONE OF MY OWN.. MY WIFE WAKES UP ONE MORNING AND SAYS TO ME "LIFE IS SHORT... BUY THE CAR" .. SO I DID... I PURCHASED MY BLACK 07 FROM AN AWESOME GENTLEMEN IN FLORIDA NAMED TOM WHO KEPT IT IN PERFECT SHAPE... I HAD IT SHIPPED BACK TO WESTERN NY IN LATE OCTOBER 2019.. DROVE IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN HAD TO PUT IT IN STORAGE... IN FEBRUARY I WAS NOTIFIED THAT THE STORAGE FACILITY WHERE I HAD MY PERFECT XLR STORED WAS BROKEN INTO... YEP THE ONLY CAR THAT THEY APPROACHED WAS MINE... SMASHED THE DRIVERS WINDOW AND SHIMMIED HIS WAY IN... OF COURSE HE DAMAGED THE EXTERIOR DOOR AND ROOF PAINT AND DESTROYED THE RUBBER TRIM... INSURANCE COVERED THE MESS, AND AFTER A MONTH OF SECURING PARTS AND WAITING FOR THE PAINT SHOP TO FINISH UP I GOT MY 07 PHANTOM BACK AS PERFECT AS IT WAS BEFORE...

I HAVE SINCE ADDED A CORSA SPORT PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM ON IT AND A REAR SWAY BAR... IT GROWLS NICE AND HANDLES BETTER THAN EVER IN THE TWISTIES.....
CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER...

Oh my, I feel your pain on your baby getting messed up - if it was me, I’d try to track down whoever did it & make them feel some pain. So glad you had a happy ending & it’s all fixed.

Say there Grand Dad, think about the shock clamps .com before replacing your hood structs. You'll never be concerned in the hood closing accidentally.

Say there Grand Dad, think about the shock clamps .com before replacing your hood structs. You'll never be concerned in the hood closing accidentally.

A fresh pair of struts from RockAuto are maybe double the price of a pair of 'clamps' - how about fixing the problem rather than the symptom?! :pat:

Hey there Al, Gord, Hope awe is well guys! That’s actually a Car Show Hood Prop $65$ solid steel, with custom cut out laser etched Cadillac and XLR! I painted it Cobalt Blue to match my Brake Calipers. Gord they are new struts too about year ago and I actually have a set of post clamps that hold it up too! But they are red and don’t match the anything on the car...LOL
Here’s a picture of the hood prop before I painted it!

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard!

Sorry to hear of your travails with the vandalism of your car. So senseless! Hard to fathom that kind of behavior. But glad you were able to get it fixed properly.

Interesting take on getting your car. Similar here as I was drooling wanting an XLR. One day my wife said, "Oh, just go buy one. Life's too short not to enjoy some things". --- Yeaa! A great Lady! :cool:

Welcome to The XlR Site!

CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER...
Sorry to here about your damage. I just bought my XLR, aka Baby Blue, and joined the forum Dec 31. I feel your passion. I was a GM pilot when the car hit the show room floor, fell in love with it then and 17 years later, I'm an owner. Just hope my knees don't fail me getting in and out. Cars in the shop getting repairs . I bout at a redunkulous price and repairs still have me well below market value. Got caliper covers coming and looking at chrome plating the rims. Did adding the Corsa exhaust package change anything electronically? What brand sway bar did you purchase? Thanks for your post...

Last edited:
Love it! You got your baby back to original! Love the name too, we call our 05 Roxy! She’s cruz’ed to 103K and still running great! Welcome to world of XLR’s you are gonna love it TopLess
Here’s Roxy
aa919e32e937220130bbf52f27b1dfc2.plist

6e1e39a95569d3a416dc4dd5a242419e.plist

a10fedcb73c6ffd5225458c3094ffb62.plist

That is one sexy car. I bought a 2005 aka Baby Blue Dec 31st...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom