Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

raising the front end

nvme

My XLR/V(s)
Just finished changing the oil with my homemade ramps and noticed something else. My ramps raises the front end about 3" and suddenly I looked at it and realized I like it that way. Has anyone done this or heard of such a thing? I have a acquaintance that said he knows someone who can do it. My concern is what it will do to the ride, performance, handeling,dampers,struts etc-etc? I really like the looks of it but what am I giving up?? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

you would be giving up ride, performance, handling extra wear on parts etc. 3 inches would be whole lot .that would put extra stress on the front leaf spring. Its set up for ride height to be in the middle of its up and down movement. I also doubt if you could align the camber either would take too many shims of you would not be able to remove enough. 1/4 inch -3/8 you most likely could do . They lower it more than that with the smaller spring bolts so you could most likely go the other way without any problems. caddies do look good lifted but this may be too much front lift.jpg

long tall sally

Thanks for the reply: Anyway to carry on just a little more, my homemade ramps first board is a 2'' x 10'' and the height is 1 1/2''. I tried that and it would be high enough (not as good as 3'') but I think it would be in improvement. By looking at it compared to the factory way I like it better, besides not to worry about hitting the wheel guards in the parking lots. Something else I'm thinking of is to replace the front wheels with a 20'' or 21'' wheel and tires. That would give it 1''-1 1/2'' lift and that might be the best way to go, mine has 18'' on them. What do you think about those ideas?

Thanks for the info; I completely forgot about about the ABS system. I never have used them (fortunately) therefore it slipped my mind. I don't have a computer, just an MBOX so I can't send you a picture. If you change your own oil you probably have low ramps, just put the car on them about 3' high from the ground and step back about10-15 feet and ignore the ramps. You'll get an ideal of how it looks, I think it is a great improvement over the way Cadillac made it since I don't drive it fast and I'm not interested in the aerodynamics of it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom