Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear window tint removal

Dand

My XLR/V(s)
2005 black raven XLR
Need advice as to how to remove rear window tint. Used steamer on sides ok, but can’t get to rear window. Tried with top halfway down, but can’t reach bottom half, and top slowly dropping. So how do I do this? Engine running or not, valve at pump turned or not? 2 man job? Another poster said use a hair dryer. Ok, but on the tint side or the back side? Maybe put on the rear defroster to help? Florida car recently bought but my state prohibits this degree tint, plus, can’t see out back even in broad daylight.

Need advice as to how to remove rear window tint. Used steamer on sides ok, but can’t get to rear window. Tried with top halfway down, but can’t reach bottom half, and top slowly dropping. So how do I do this? Engine running or not, valve at pump turned or not? 2 man job? Another poster said use a hair dryer. Ok, but on the tint side or the back side? Maybe put on the rear defroster to help? Florida car recently bought but my state prohibits this degree tint, plus, can’t see out back even in broad daylight.

I removed tint from the rear glass with the roof fully up. I don't recall it being difficult to reach. I wouldn't put on the defroster, but getting a decent sun load on to warm it will likely help. The biggest challenge is not damaging the defroster wires.

Thanks, not too worried about the defroster—-this car will never see rain or snow. How did you peel it off, with another person on the other side ? Did you use a heat gun? Getting down to the lower corners is almost impossible with the headrests in place, and seats don’t fold down out of the way. Does anyone have experience seeing or putting rear window film on, so I can reverse the process?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom