Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! rearview mirror reading lights qill not go off

Alpine_V

My XLR/V(s)
08 Alpine White V, 07 Xenon Blue V, 09 Crystal Red V, 09 Black Cherry V
Why do the reading lights on each side of the rearview mirror stay on? I cant turn them off.

Alpine_V

It gets most everyone. I'm not sure why the switch on the dash exists.:dunno:

Rearview mirror map lights won't go off.

Hello Alpine_V,

Was dennis93coupe’s feedback able to assist you in turning off the reading lights on the rearview mirror?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Gregory W.

I am having the same problem with the rearview mirror lights staying on as of a week now after getting my XLR out of the Cadillac Service center for a different problem. The switch that dennis93coupe mentioned did not work for me. It only turns off the floor lights. Is there anything else that we can try before I have to take it back to the dealership?:(

Thanks!

Janemc05

Hi Gregory W.

I am having the same problem with the rearview mirror lights staying on as of a week now after getting my XLR out of the Cadillac Service center for a different problem. The switch that dennis93coupe mentioned did not work for me. It only turns off the floor lights. Is there anything else that we can try before I have to take it back to the dealership?:(

Thanks!

Janemc05

There are individual switches under the mirror to turn on or off the lights. Try pushing on one of the buttons, close the door and see what happens.

Rearview mirror map lights won't go off.

I turned on the drivers side button under the rearview mirror and got out of the car and closed the door. Both lights are still on.

Janemc05

mirror lamps

There are individual switches under the mirror to turn on or off the lights. Try pushing on one of the buttons, close the door and see what happens.

Wait at least 30 seconds after closing the door. I remember I had the same problem, The buttons should be out. I think pushing the little lamp indicator on the dash also controls them.. Not sure and car isn't home.

JIM

I watched it for 5 minutes and they never went out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The push button on the dash should control the map lights not just the floor lights. If the button on the mirror is not off then the dash button will do nothing. Both must be in the off condition and the doors shut. Maybe they were not both off at the same time? Have you tried re-closing both doors?

Hi Gregory W.

Thanks!

Janemc05

Hi Janemc05,

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing a concern with the rearview mirror lights staying on. I see forum members are trying to assist you and Phrede recently offered insight to your situation as well. I researched this concern in the owners manual, and was unable to find any further information then what was already provided from other forum members regarding the on/off settings and other recommendations. If you would like our assistance with contacting your dealership, please let us know. We can be reached via private message or email at socialmedia@gm.com to further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

mirror Reading lights

I'm having the very same problem on my 2005 XLR! They always went off w/the door. Now w/only 30,000 miles the mirror lights work with the buttons on the mirror only! They won't go on or off with the door!The button on the dash will only turn the floor lights on/off. The floor lights do go on at opening the door, and then go off when the door is closed, but not those darn reading lights on the mirror! A lot of us it seems, are experiencing this; what is the problem??? Cadillac said it must be an electrical problem! DUH!!! Take it to them, and bring your jar of vasoline, a condum and lots of $$$$$$$!!!

Last edited:
Exactly the problem that I have and have written several threads about!!!Nobody on this forum seems to have the answer!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom