Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Registry related photos

Phrede

Seasoned Member
Registry related photos

Door sticker showing the official mfg date:
2013-04-0513-22-542695.JPG

Location of the Engine Builder plate. Remove the oil fill plug and lift off the top cover.

2013-04-0513-27-382698.JPG

The engine build plate

2013-04-0513-29-062701.JPG

Not really registry related..... The handwritten date and time in the trunk under the mat on the driver's side. My build date is 12/07 but this date is 10/30/07 at 1:27. I believe that to be PM since I don't think they ran 3 shifts on this line. I don't know the exact procedure for either date nor what the one in the trunk means. But my car sat somewhere the entire month of November in I suppose a partial build state?? This would be a good question from one of those guys in Bowling Green. Anybody know?

2013-04-0513-24-352696.JPG

Awesome!!! Thank you for including these photos here. I've updated your listing and I'm also going to use your image showing the location of the engine builder plate in the registration form.

If you want me to include any of these images in your listing, let me know.

-Rob

Awesome!!! Thank you for including these photos here. I've updated your listing and I'm also going to use your image showing the location of the engine builder plate in the registration form.

If you want me to include any of these images in your listing, let me know.

-Rob
If it was your intentions to include photos with the registration, go for it. It also probably easier for you to ad XPEL Clear Bra as an option also.

I found this engine builder on a Corvette Forum that listed all the builders in Wixom as of 2009 and how many LS7 engines they built. Also an article that quotes Bruce Elam as saying building the LC3 engine was more fun than the LS7 :chuckle It seems many of the builders built both. Let me know if your interested in the link.

If it was your intentions to include photos with the registration, go for it. It also probably easier for you to ad XPEL Clear Bra as an option also.

I found this engine builder on a Corvette Forum that listed all the builders in Wixom as of 2009 and how many LS7 engines they built. Also an article that quotes Bruce Elam as saying building the LC3 engine was more fun than the LS7 :chuckle It seems many of the builders built both. Let me know if your interested in the link.

XPEL Clear Bra was an option on the XLR??

I'm interested in just the LC3 engine builders. If you look on the Registry index page right now, I have two listed - the one you gave me and another one that I found online.

Phrede,

I'd be interested in the link. As you know, they didn't start putting the engine plaque on the V's until 2007, however the earlier models my have initials marked, which my determine who built those engines. It would be nice to have a listing of the Wixom engine builders.

XPEL Clear Bra was an option on the XLR??

I'm interested in just the LC3 engine builders. If you look on the Registry index page right now, I have two listed - the one you gave me and another one that I found online.

Sorry, the XPEL should be a mod. not an option.

The way I understand it most of the builders at the Performance Build Center built both (and now the LS3 and LS9) engines. There was not builders who were exclusively LC3. I guess we will see after more people respond.

BTW my builder retired sometime prior to April 2009.

Phrede,

I'd be interested in the link. As you know, they didn't start putting the engine plaque on the V's until 2007, however the earlier models my have initials marked, which my determine who built those engines. It would be nice to have a listing of the Wixom engine builders.
Who built your LS7 ? - Page 120 - Corvette Forum
scroll down to see the post with the list of builders.

Preformance Build Center - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
read the post about half way down the page.

If I could find my builder I would drive to Wixom if he would sign my engine.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the links, Phrede!!

Here is a list of some of the known XLR-V engine builders at Wixom:

Tom Morrissey
Robert Vernier
Ron Hein
Charlie Giese
Bruce Blomfield
Gary Andrews
Paul Sage
Bruce Elam
Ed Richards