Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Replacing the power top lift pump and motor

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
I'm replacing the power top module,motor and hydraulic pump. Is there anything in particular that I need to know I sure don't want to mess something up are there seals in the hydraulic lines we have a hook to the lift pump it seems like I read something about this somewhere but I wasn't able to find it if they are seals it need a place there where do I get them. I could really use some advice on this I've already got the lift motor in the module out of it I didn't want to take the hydraulic lines loose until I got my new pump and it came in today . I paid $430 for the hydraulic pump and motor and 200 and something I can't member exactly what it was for the lift module, from what I've read in the prices ive seen I got a bargain,because for a little over $700 I'm replacing basically everything except the hydraulic cylinders and and lines. I'm going to start on this tonight and I hope I don't mess something up I thought surely by now someone would've chimed in .I need to know do I need to do a re-learn since Im replacing everything? I've searched for relearn for the power top and I've not been able to find anything on that either I have a tough time finding anything on this website not one search has ever came up with anything it gets pretty aggravating know it how I word it is there's no such thing when I know there is anyway thank you for any help and advice you only give me

Last edited:
I'm replacing the power top module,motor and hydraulic pump. Is there anything in particular that I need to know I sure don't want to mess something up are there seals in the hydraulic lines we have a hook to the lift pump it seems like I read something about this somewhere but I wasn't able to find it if they are seals it need a place there where do I get them. I could really use some advice on this I've already got the lift motor in the module out of it I didn't want to take the hydraulic lines loose until I got my new pump and it came in today . I paid $430 for the hydraulic pump and motor and 200 and something I can't member exactly what it was for the lift module, from what I've read in the prices ive seen I got a bargain,because for a little over $700 I'm replacing basically everything except the hydraulic cylinders and and lines. I'm going to start on this tonight and I hope I don't mess something up I thought surely by now someone would've chimed in .I need to know do I need to do a re-learn since Im replacing everything? I've searched for relearn for the power top and I've not been able to find anything on that either I have a tough time finding anything on this website not one search has ever came up with anything it gets pretty aggravating know it how I word it is there's no such thing when I know there is anyway thank you for any help and advice you only give me

If you are not getting on with the site's search, try using Google with the site command. On the end of your search string in Google put a space and then "site:www.xlr-net.com"

I typed the next line into Google and got many relevant hits (without the double quotes).

"hydraulic pump site:www.xlr-net.com"

Last edited:
Top pump

If you are not getting on with the site's search, try using Google with the site command. On the end of your search string in Google put a space and then "site:www.xlr-net.com"

I typed the next line into Google and got many relevant hits (without the double quotes).

Thank you, hope it works for me. not one time have i ever searched for something and cane up with anything, i get same reply”no matches” when i no heres post containing the subject. I do not understand why this is happening

Hydraulic pump

I came up with absolutely nothing just like I do every search I don't understand why I can even be looking at a post and type in exactly what the post said and it still comes up with nothing I have never ever found anything by searching ever I don't see the point in having it if you can't find anything with somebody just point me to where I can find out what I need to do to replace my hydraulic pump I have it ready to put in but I want to make sure there's not anything else I need please I'm getting really ****ed off trying to find this info. I've been looking for about a week now and have not found one single article on it no word on the net or on this site except for the post I put on here. Someone tell me what the deal Liz with the search why does it always say that doesn't exist? I guarantee I could type in their Cadillac XLR nd it would say don't exist. It's not just this site it's every single website form I have never found anything on any website ever in the form searching I don't understand what's up with that I need some help

Got big o nothing has got

I just tried it again I even copied and paste exactly what you put down in search bar on Google and it said about blank, it opened completely blank page I am getting so aggravated with this why is it I can't ever find anything I don't understand this how anyone finds anything because it always tells me there's no matches do I have to put it in exactly Word for Word as the form list it how i it possibly know how the forum or post is listed if I've never seen any former any post with the subject matter I'm looking for is it obvious I'm aggravated right now I am extremely aggravated this is holding me up from doing the pump job because I can't find any information on it why does someone always try to tell me to go search for it whatever I ask anything on this site it doesn't do any good to search for it quit telling me to go search for it just point me where the information I'm looking for is located, wouldn't that be just as simple as telling me to go search for it I'm never going to search for anything ever on any fourm because it doesn't do any good damn I'm aggravated I know there hasgot to be at article on this site about the lift pump replacement t like is there any seals I need to buy for anything that I need to know before I tackle this ,what I Gotta do stand on my head to find out any info. I'm so aggravated I'm at the point that I believe if I search for my own name on this site it wouldn't find it it's not just this site it's every form I've never found anything in 10 years on form when I search for it and I retarded or what God I'm aggravated someone tell me how they search and find anything apparently I am too stupid to figure it out

XLR 2004 Retractable Top Hydraulic Pump

I just replaced the pump and had it reworked by Top Hydraulics. I would recommend you replace the Cylinders too, their are eight.
i chased the leak from the pump to the two top deck lid cylinders, then they leaked. i just bought the bullet and purchased the remaining cylinders from Top Hydraulics.
it was $550 for the pump, about $ 110 for each cylinder, about 4 hours labor ($280) and special hydraulic fluid, about $100 bucks..postage was another $40. bucks.
ROM $1850. the GM dealer charges rom. $5500.

Replaced lift motor, pump as well as module

After replacing everything mentioned, when i push top down or up i get nothing. Is this because it needs relearn ir should there b something happening, a sound for pump/ motor? I wouldve thought i would at leadt hear something even if fir a second. Im dure everything is hooked up, ill go back to go iver everything to be sure. aggravating to spend so much money and nothing happen. Thought id hear motor ir pump kick in even if for sec. can anyone give insite, what do u do next? Will relearn make something happen or is there a nother problem, everything i replaced was tested and everything worked ss should. Really thought i would hear something when i pressed button for too fiwn or up. at first i replaced module, when i pressed too down, windows went down n i could hear clicking, after replacing everythink else nothing happens. I plan on ordering a tec11 in few days

XLR HYDRAULIC RETRACTABLE TOP

I would recommend at this point to have a professional GM mechanic with retractable top experience take over NOW. you're just going to get frustrated and sink $$$down a hole.

Did you re-index the windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thought did check fuses and top on/off button in the dash glove box?

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Index. Windows

Did you re-index the windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes i reindexed windows,started engine,nothing happened. At first i only replaced module, i clicked "top down" the windows went down but thats it. Im going to order the tech11 today,sounds like i need one.

Fuses

Another thought did check fuses and top on/off button in the dash glove box?

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk
I didnt recheck them this time,i checked then nor very long ago but i had planed on checking the fuses again?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom