Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

road and track 3/14

rockyrhoads

Seasoned Member
Just received the 3/14 edition of road and track. The front cover is titled 51 coolest cars. REALLY? we are not talking anything but cool here and when I get to the 2000's we get the corvette c6r and Cadillac cts-v sport wagon. The corvette gets 2 spots in this decade while I agree with the 2014 c-7 as cool so why would these boys not include the XLR (V or not) for the cool factor. What is so cool about a station wagon (cts) or another yellow vette(c-6). wondering if I should forward this subscription to the dentist office.:dunno:Rocky

Damn good question there Rocky... and my answer is, I don't have the slightest idea. All I know, is to me, anyway, the XLR is one of, no, check that, THE coolest car I have ever owned.

Almost all rating systems like that involve some kind of way those being rated can "buy in" to influence selection (I've run across it in my profession - my particular position doesn't qualify me for anything so it's not "sour grapes" that I wasn't selected).

It seems Cadillac would like to bury the XLR & pretend it never existed. Illustrated by the 110 Years of Cadillac book.

However, GM is interested in perpetuating the Corvette & CTS. So, if my theory applies here, that might explain the selection.

Almost all rating systems like that involve some kind of way those being rated can "buy in" to influence selection (I've run across it in my profession - my particular position doesn't qualify me for anything so it's not "sour grapes" that I wasn't selected).

It seems Cadillac would like to bury the XLR & pretend it never existed. Illustrated by the 110 Years of Cadillac book.

However, GM is interested in perpetuating the Corvette & CTS. So, if my theory applies here, that might explain the selection.

Makes sense to me...

It's not the first time our XLR's didn't get noticed by them! But, No matter because their the ones missing out on all the fun, as long as we enjoy our rides who cares! Although I agree are cars are coolest thing on road and we know that by all the looks we get, the questions they ask, the hey dude nice car, the is that a new car, and the is that one of them Corvette Eaters ( yes the mechanic at Sears when I went in for a new battery literally ran out of back garage area saying them exact words) then he said these cars are so awesome! So there you have it we do get "NOTICED"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Biggest point is I COULD CARE LESS what Motor Trend thinks, no matter how they got to their conclusion. I think XLR's max out on coolness & that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

So Motor Trend can put that in their tail pipe & blow it!

Being optimistic...

Just received the 3/14 edition of road and track. The front cover is titled 51 coolest cars. REALLY? we are not talking anything but cool here and when I get to the 2000's we get the corvette c6r and Cadillac cts-v sport wagon. The corvette gets 2 spots in this decade while I agree with the 2014 c-7 as cool so why would these boys not include the XLR (V or not) for the cool factor. What is so cool about a station wagon (cts) or another yellow vette(c-6). wondering if I should forward this subscription to the dentist office.:dunno:Rocky

I'm gonna take the optimistic road and say the reason we weren't included was "PRICE".... I mean be honest gang brand new there weren't many out there who could afford to enjoy our cars. So it's the high road for me.... I'm giving "Road and Track" the benefit of a doubt by saying affordability was one of the standards and that's why we didn't make the cut.... Again, this is me being waayyy optimistic...

Last edited:
I agree 100%....

By far thee coolest and most attractive vehicle I've owned to date... Last sunday I get her out rolling, pull up to an intersection and a couple guys are standing in the doorway of the corner store yell out "Hey is that the new 2014 Cadillac?" and with the straightest of faces I replied "Yes, it is..." and pulled off....lol.

I think the public reaction is addictive... I've never owned a car that's been around for a decade and most people have never even seen one.

We are indeed a blessed and fortunate breed....

Damn good question there Rocky... and my answer is, I don't have the slightest idea. All I know, is to me, anyway, the XLR is one of, no, check that, THE coolest car I have ever owned.

Yep

By far thee coolest and most attractive vehicle I've owned to date... Last sunday I get her out rolling, pull up to an intersection and a couple guys are standing in the doorway of the corner store yell out "Hey is that the new 2014 Cadillac?" and with the straightest of faces I replied "Yes, it is..." and pulled off....lol.

I think the public reaction is addictive... I've never owned a car that's been around for a decade and most people have never even seen one.

We are indeed a blessed and fortunate breed....

Eslic1
I run into this at the car shows all the time I have people with the same reaction and and say they never even known Cadillac made something this awesome! People yell at us all the time when we have the top down nice car or whatever else turn them on! One of the only I ever own with so much attention! You might as well get use to it!!!
Roxy getting make over this weekend lookin good so far!

2ahybu9u.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

cool factor

I was just floored and yes it is the coolest car I own. I have had 5 people want to buy mine while working on it at the shop Rocky:wave:

:rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back