Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Roof dents

Hi Hmark...

If the top bounce up and down and if these Hooks do not ancher properly on its Bar, that could be perhaps that the hydraulic oil level is low, if that so, then it could also could mean that there is a or some leaks from the hydraulic tubings or else.
Perhaps the hydraulic closing parts are at the end of their age, and for safety I would be concern in making sure that the top really close perfectly ounce its on the closing stage, so that it will not fly away on Hy way.

Dont take my words, contact ''TH'' Top Hydraulic, see the header advertising on this page, also make a search on GOOGLE, ask for the XLR TOP PROBLEMS and get to know how your XLR top works, he as produce some many videos on the XLR top.

TH is a real expert on hydraulic top of all king of cars.

Good Luck and have fun in viewing the videos, let us know your result on your repair.

IAN

If you could find some pads that had threads that were less coarse or a softer material that would definitely help but again this is not a fix.

Hey

And again I would ask...What is the issue which is occurring? Are there hinge joints wearing out? Are there adjustments that go "out of adjustment" It was mentioned that GM knows about this and that there was a fix.... a bracket that would remedy the matter, but that it was on back-order. What is the part number to the 'updated" bracket?

Bill

Hey

And again I would ask...What is the issue which is occurring? Are there hinge joints wearing out? Are there adjustments that go "out of adjustment" It was mentioned that GM knows about this and that there was a fix.... a bracket that would remedy the matter, but that it was on back-order. What is the part number to the 'updated" bracket?

Bill

Bill -

I remembered seeing info on this on the forum years ago so I knew how to search for it (did google advanced search, this site only, all these words: paint mark).

Here’s a link to a thread (and there are other links listed in posts within the thread, you REALLY should click those) that might answer your questions - Paint wear mark on roof. There’s also info in there on various DIY low tech ways people have addressed it. And this link, out of that thread, has a TSB on it: 2006 XLR. I googled the TSB title in quotes & you can find it in the forum knowledge base so the pictures will display, here: 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V: Service Bulletin: XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position.

Seems to be a common problem that’s been around a while and is caused by the need for a latch adjustment, per the TSB. I don’t recall running across anything about a new bracket, but maybe you can go behind me on some of my searches & find something on that. :wave:

Bill -

I remembered seeing info on this on the forum years ago so I knew how to search for it (did google advanced search, this site only, all these words: paint mark).

Here’s a link to a thread (and there are other links listed in posts within the thread, you REALLY should click those) that might answer your questions - Paint wear mark on roof. There’s also info in there on various DIY low tech ways people have addressed it. And this link, out of that thread, has a TSB on it: 2006 XLR. I googled the TSB title in quotes & you can find it in the forum knowledge base so the pictures will display, here: 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V: Service Bulletin: XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position.

Seems to be a common problem that’s been around a while and is caused by the need for a latch adjustment, per the TSB. I don’t recall running across anything about a new bracket, but maybe you can go behind me on some of my searches & find something on that. :wave:

Thanks for the info! I tracked that article down several months ago and tried that but it did not help mine. The Cadillac service manager said my hinges were warped and quoted me an outrageous price. I didn't believe him anyway, I think mine has to do with the timing of when the top is in place and when the hooks actually latch.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom