Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Roof up/down chime

majik755

May be a stupid question...

Is there any way to increase the volume of the chime, or increase the number of chimes? At times I can barely hear it, especially if the radio is on, or its a noisy area when I put the top down.

No, not that I've found. I also have a hard time hearing it at times so I always look in the review mirror and when I see that the trunk close I know it's done.

Me too ... verrry hard to hear .... I tell my passenger to "shhhhh" so that I can hear the ding .... if my passenger is Ray you can imagine what he tells me ... :rolleyes: :lol:

Me too ... verrry hard to hear .... I tell my passenger to "shhhhh" so that I can hear the ding .... if my passenger is Ray you can imagine what he tells me ... :rolleyes: :lol:

Wait a minute!!! When your in the car and the passenge is Ray??? When Ray is going with you he's a passenger?? That don't sound right,,, I thought he drove?

Wait a minute!!! When your in the car and the passenge is Ray??? When Ray is going with you he's a passenger?? That don't sound right,,, I thought he drove?
Lola is MY car ..... remember? "Lola's MOM" Of course you don't because I never drive even one mile of a Rendezvous .... he tells me I'm a great navigator .... that's his way of telling me he is GOING to drive :blinzel: He has an MB and The Truck ....

Thanks to all

Well at least it's not just me and I don't ned the old hearing checked yet. Seems like GM put a lot of effort into the tech design, but forgot that a Luxury sports car should also have good ergonomics. Oh well, I still love the car. I'll continue to hold the button and look back and forth to ensure it's completely down or up. Maybe some day i can trace the wiring and hook it to a fog horn :lol:

Funny, Ray was saying when he drives he cranks the radio up so he can't hear the dingy...Oh, I see what he meant now. :willy_nilly:
Sorry Ray, not trying to get you in trouble.
Bruce

Two things .... One, majik .... Marion uses an air horn .... maybe you could wire one of those up - (geez, I'm with you HG ... those are annoying .... just like those horns the big trucker's use .... scares the bejezus out of me every time!) :willy_nilly:

And, two: ... b-pappy ... that statement is truer than you might have thought :pat:.

Look at your DIC it will tell you when the trunk is down, don't need no stupid chimes, I can't hear anyway.:bash::bash:

Look at your DIC it will tell you when the trunk is down, don't need no stupid chimes, I can't hear anyway.:bash::bash:

I put my top down to go fuel up this morning, watched the DIC and it said nothing, must be a new feature on the '09, mine is an '06. When I arrived home I put the top up and still no display so I have to depend on the chime. Of course I can't see anyway so that may be the problem.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Me too, no message

I tried it as well last night on my 05. No message in the DIC, just the feeble little tone. Hear it about 30% of the time, that gives me 70% of the time watching the technology work to ensure it's already down or up. Guess it's back to tracing wiring and hooking up the fog horn :laugh:

I tried it as well last night on my 05. No message in the DIC, just the feeble little tone. Hear it about 30% of the time, that gives me 70% of the time watching the technology work to ensure it's already down or up. Guess it's back to tracing wiring and hooking up the fog horn :laugh:
I personally like the Air Horn. Ask Photo Girl she can tell you were to pick one up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom