Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Roof wont work

benny

My XLR/V(s)
2005 xlr
will roof not work at all if fluid is on the min. line? Just got car and valet switch is in right spot and support pad in trunk is correct. Just ordered fluid . When I press the switch for roof nothing happens. I can lift it but is very hard or heavy. List of check points or order would be great. Thanks

"will roof not work at all if fluid is on the min. line?"

Good place to start, and see what happens after you ad fluid...
Good luck, p z

A9  s-l500008GOZZD.jpgA1  composantes pour le toit ouvrant.jpgA9    0308136Y14-009[1].jpgA3 0309266Y14-007[1].jpgA3 0309266Y14-007[1].jpg

Workshop manual fashback-tech eBay $35. on CD all XLR pretty complete

IAN

ccclark would be most interested in your repairs. he is into all that sort of thing.

HI LTS.

That is OK with me, that what he is saying on previous memo and hope that it is not now with thunderbird.
Thanks for the message, at least i know that he must had the chance to read my comments and seens to be partly favorable with the conversion that i have done.
You have also probably read my comment to PZ and got in contact with CCClark.

IAN

thanks everyone. I will order manual if I can find it. Just looking for the problems that seem to go wrong first.

You never answered my question. Are you getting any message in the DIC? That would help with diagnosing your problem

If no operation and no DIC msg, verify all top-related fuses. If the same symptoms persist, verify the Folding Top Contol Switch is working.

CC

HI Benny.

I admire your determintion as in trying to solve the roof problem is not an easy repair, when i purchase my XLR in 2011 at a GM dealer the trained thecnictian had a lot of problem to come up with fine repair.

The XLR is a computorise car conception to be mostly repair by yhe cadillac dealers, this captive cars his data has to be update frequently, similar of your PC window10.

If your car is not up date, even if you get succesful to fix it, you will end anyway to the dealers to update the top software.

The photos that i send you previously is showing the rear module that is the brain of the top, is the connectors covered with blue depots… yes, then what ever you try the top will not work, is your pump gets power, if no then again your chances are very low.

I know that going to the dealers many of us dont like it, with my experience it cost more, but finally the different is not always so big…. as you get the most update of your cars, the very expensive components still mostly available from the dealer.

Good luck man.

IAN

My roof stop working and trunk lid doesn't open. When parked something is draining battery. Cadillac dealer says water got on or into module, will cost several thousand to repair. Trying to decide if I should get rid of it or pay to get it fix.

Hi JJhulbert.

That depend how much you like the car, if you decide to sell, it would be fair to have it evaluated by your Cadillac preferred dealer for the repairs to be made, may be finally it would be not that much accordingly to your available budget, and spring time is just around the corner,

When selling a car it is fair that the buyer would be informed of the repairs cost and supplyi him with a copy of the estimate.

The repairs should fairly reflect on the selling price, that is not always the case, the dealers usely apply this fair action.

Is your car a hi mileage XLR, was it involve in some accidents or flood, if so, its your decision to take.

Good luck.

IAN

Read the owners manual and try a window re-index. The top won't go down if the computer doesn't know where the windows are (up or down). A good indication it's that is your window(s) don't go down a little when you open the door.

Thank you !! Tried no response from the re-indexing no message from Dic nothing. Open trunk no message on dic

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom