Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Run Flat tires and winter storage

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
Dear All,

My 2007 XLR has run flat tires, and I'm concerned about storing the car for a seven month (winter) period up here in Maine in a heated storage facility where cars don't move. DO I run the risk of damaging the tires? Appreciate your thoughts and advice. Gratefully, James

Not in our experience. Biggest thing to do is use something like flatstoppers, see here: FlatStoppers(R) - Race Ramps. Or, some folks just put extra air in. Even if you don't do either one, you'll just get flat spots that will produce an imperfect ride until they get worked out. Think you'd have to store for YEARS without paying any attention to tire pressure for damage to occur. :wave:

Not in our experience. Biggest thing to do is use something like flatstoppers, see here: FlatStoppers(R) - Race Ramps. Or, some folks just put extra air in. Even if you don't do either one, you'll just get flat spots that will produce an imperfect ride until they get worked out. Think you'd have to store for YEARS without paying any attention to tire pressure for damage to occur. :wave:

Truly appreciate your advice--- did order a set of FlatStoppers -- feeling bad about having to put this beautiful machine away in rented, heated storage where I'll likely not drive it or even see it until late April or early May... The Maine road department does a fantastic job of keeping snowy Maine roads passable with millions of tons of automotive destroying road salt! I suspect there may be fewer than a dozen XLRs registered in Maine! Anywhere I drive it up here, folks have claimed to have never seen or heard of the cars' existence. so goes Maine. Thanks again, James

Your baby will be wayyy happier in a nice, cozy heated storage than on those ugly roads! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom