Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Run Flat Tires????

tires

I would say Fourteen, you better get the 595's before they run out. But where I come from, (backward,Conservative,Midwest) I usu sally get what I pay for. Hope you get what you want at 125.00 a tire. That use to be a lot of money. But I just bought a front tire for my riding lawn mower that cost me 80.00. With a speed rating of 8 mph. With cars like these (XLR's, BMW's ETC.) you don't look for the best buy on a tire. You look for the best tire that will enhance the handling of the car, whatever it cost.:wave:

Our 04 XLR, 05 Corvette, and 07 XLR, all came with run flats. Knock on wood, we have never had a flat, but with the time we spend on the roads, and the speeds we usually travel at (especially if Darth is driving), I will always stay with the run flats. Ask him about the flat on his 07 CTS, on 99 in rush hour traffic, which does not have run flats. :pat::pat::pat:

Hhmm.... "all weather summer street tire"

Now that's an oxymoron any way you slice it. :lol:

My thoughts exactly for whatever they are worth. If Cadillac put on the run flats there is a good reason for it and I am sticking with my run flats. Just took the XLR out today and of course with the top down, 53 degrees. Got it home and in the garage and boom the sky turned dark and snow is on the way. That is Colorado, wait five minutes and the weather will change again. First Robin:patriot:

Yep, my Gt500 came with a great set of tires. Super grip, superior on wet or dry pavement.............but there is a sticker in the door that says not safe below 40 degrees! :dunno: Must be what they mean by "all weather summer tires. :laugh::laugh:

Does that mean the door is not safe below 40 degrees.:blinzel: Yikes! Boy I wish I had your way with words, then I wouldn't get into these :bash:.

Yep, my Gt500 came with a great set of tires. Super grip, superior on wet or dry pavement.............but there is a sticker in the door that says not safe below 40 degrees! :dunno: Must be what they mean by "all weather summer tires. :laugh::laugh:

Not really! What it means is:
"all weather" = For dry and wet roads, not 'all season' which includes light snow.
"summer" = Not an 'all season' or 'snow' tire. Grips best in warm weather.
"street" = Not an 'off-road' or 'racing' only tire.
"tire" = The round rubbery things on the four corners of your XLR!
:slap:

All Season tires give up some ultimate grip on warm dry roads to gain some traction on cold snowy roads. Even Ultra High Performance tires are classified as either Summer or All-Season. Summer tires can work OK all year if your winter roads are usually dry or wet, but not snow or ice covered. Here in NC I sometimes have freezing temps, but only 3" total of snow in the last five years! Why would I buy expensive all season run flat tires just for the few days a year that it may snow, or that maybe someday I may run over a nail ??

Please do not assume that just because an UHP tire is of an unfamiliar brand, or is inexpensive, that it is junk, or unsafe, or prone to explode, or likely to rip your fenders off! Blow-outs happen to all brands! Many name brand products are sold based on that name alone, regardless of how well they may actually perform.

Well we all just got educated on tires and the four seasons. Hope you can find an XLR and after you buy it you have money left to put on the new tires and to replace the fenders when you have a blow out. Thanks for bringing us up to speed. First Robin :patriot: Maybe now we can get on with more important things!!!!!!:dunno::dunno::wave:

Robin, what did we do to deserve a new kid coming onto the block and pick a fight?
Well we all just got educated on tires and the four seasons. Hope you can find an XLR and after you buy it you have money left to put on the new tires and to replace the fenders when you have a blow out. Thanks for bringing us up to speed. First Robin :patriot: Maybe now we can get on with more important things!!!!!!:dunno::dunno::wave:

Not really! What it means is:
"all weather" = For dry and wet roads, not 'all season' which includes light snow.
"summer" = Not an 'all season' or 'snow' tire. Grips best in warm weather.
"street" = Not an 'off-road' or 'racing' only tire.
"tire" = The round rubbery things on the four corners of your XLR!
:slap:

SARCASM = Oh forget it, I think my point missed its mark. :pat:

Robin, what did we do to deserve a new kid coming onto the block and pick a fight?

Standby, I think you hit the nail on the head (NEW KID) you know there have been kids get on the forum before. Go figure, he doesn't own and XLR, he doesn't give a town or city, just vague geographics so yes probably a new kid just wanting to have some fun. Kinda like the one that wanted to race with you Floyd. Guess it keeps us sharp. LOL First Robin:patriot:

Standby, I think you hit the nail on the head (NEW KID) you know there have been kids get on the forum before. Go figure, he doesn't own and XLR, he doesn't give a town or city, just vague geographics so yes probably a new kid just wanting to have some fun. Kinda like the one that wanted to race with you Floyd. Guess it keeps us sharp. LOL First Robin:patriot:

Yeah, whatever happened to that kid? I think we may have scared him away when it was pointed out his posts conflicted. :chuckle

Floyd

Yeah, whatever happened to that kid? I think we may have scared him away when it was pointed out his posts conflicted. :chuckle

Floyd

I forgot one thing, FOURTEEN, I think that must be his age, we should have picked up on that right away.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I guess I need to go back and see what type of tires I need today, we age getting a mix of snow and rain.:pat::pat::pat: oh I forgot, I can take the SRX out today. Looking forward to Sunny Calif in a couple of weeks. First Robin:patriot:

Yea! wanna race? Look for my thread over on XLR-V's Gota suprise for ya.

Hey - the "new kid" is older than me (and I like that!) and is looking at the XLR as his next toy. How about we give him a break - afterall, he survived the "newbie barrage" and came back for more. And I for one want to know the significance of the username "Fourteen"..........:dunno:

Hey - the "new kid" is older than me (and I like that!) and is looking at the XLR as his next toy. How about we give him a break - afterall, he survived the "newbie barrage" and came back for more. And I for one want to know the significance of the username "Fourteen"..........:dunno:

Awwww, and ahhhhhh, YOU got my point .... I just :love: you!

Fourteen XLR-Mickey has a nice XLR for sale on this site. The price is really good. I must tell you I love the XLR. There is no doubt I wouldn't get another one.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom