Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ruthless

When Ray wants me to ride in The Truck he is also "Ruthless" .....:cool:

Since I bought Lola I finally understand why men love their cars ..... but, I swear, I will never understand why you guys love a truck. :squint: :D

I hate pickup trucks---AKA Navajo convertable.

Since I bought Lola I finally understand why men love their cars ..... but, I swear, I will never understand why you guys love a truck. :squint: :D

I guess for me it must be a "redneck" thing - I love my XLR (Mr X) but also love driving our 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel (probably has something to do with growing up in GA and SC) :chuckle:laugh:
Diane

I think it has a lot to to do with where you live and what your interests are .... I don't know too many lawyers that drive a truck out here :chuckle

We live in the outskirts of San Diego .... the biggest recreational things to do is going to the desert - hot truck and "toy" haulers to get the buggy's and motorcycles out there. And, boating ..... again --- need a truck to get those babies out to The River (Colorado) or to the ocean to fish or ski .... and camping everywhere - so again hot truck and 5th Wheel rigs or trailers .... And we have a huge "construction" population ... and of course, trucks are their Corvette .... and then we have the more country population who have the most beautiful horse trailers (some of them have a tiny living area!) .... and trucks pull them too.

And then there's guys like Ray .... he just loves trucks - and cars - and well, anything that has a motor in it. :lol: I would venture to say that he has never met a vehicle he didn't like. ;)

Me? My idea of a truck is an Escalade. :naughty:

And then there's guys like Ray .... he just loves trucks - and cars - and well, anything that has a motor in it. :lol: I would venture to say that he has never met a vehicle he didn't like. ;)

Ray and my husband Tony would probably hit it off immediately. Tony's never seen a motorized vehicle (four or two wheels) that he didn't want to own one of. Right now for the two of us we have 2 Pick-ups (1996 Dodge Indy Special and 2001 Dodge Diesel), a 2005 PT Cruiser and Mr X. We also have a 1973 Plymouth Duster drag race car (not streetable at all) and a toy hauler for the Duster which has living quarters (very spartan living quarters:)). His list of wants includes a corvette, a Chrysler 300 with one of "them new hemi engines", a Harley, and any other car we pass on the road. It's a real genetic thing - my stepson and 7 year old grandson are the same way. Our grandson was pointing out cars he wanted when he was three. I guess it's true - boys just get bigger toys as they get older.
Diane
:laugh::wave:

Yep - that laundry list sounds familiar ... as well as the wish list .... :squint::lol:

But honestly ... Ray can find something to love about ANY car .... and then he wants to detail it ... :rolleyes: honest. The girls know to park in the driveway when they come over because their dad will wash it for them .... sooooo, if you ever come over ......

Ruthie,
You sound like my X who thought ruffing it was the Hilton and the only fare on the menu was Filet Mignon and Maine Lobster. Hey what about liver and onions or mashed taters, peas and Escargot running around the plate.:pukeface:
I think it has a lot to to do with where you live and what your interests are .... I don't know too many lawyers that drive a truck out here :chuckle

We live in the outskirts of San Diego .... the biggest recreational things to do is going to the desert - hot truck and "toy" haulers to get the buggy's and motorcycles out there. And, boating ..... again --- need a truck to get those babies out to The River (Colorado) or to the ocean to fish or ski .... and camping everywhere - so again hot truck and 5th Wheel rigs or trailers .... And we have a huge "construction" population ... and of course, trucks are their Corvette .... and then we have the more country population who have the most beautiful horse trailers (some of them have a tiny living area!) .... and trucks pull them too.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back