Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Satin nickel paint question

AK56

My XLR/V(s)
06 XLR Blue Steel
Hello everybody, I'm new to this great forum. First post.
I live in Alaska but own a second home in Vegas. I am going to buy an XLR to leave in Vegas and enjoy the sunshine in.
Since I'm in Alaska most of the time my search for a XLR is limited to the Internet. Actually I have only seen two of these awesome cars in person. And both times on the freeway. I still haven't put my hands on one. It seems like whenever I'm in Vegas there are none for sale to look at.
Anyway, my question about Satin Nickel paint.
Is it a pure silver color or does it have some gold tint? It's hard to tell with Internet pics.
Here's an example of one on craigslist which I assume is satin nickel, seems to dark for light platinum.

2005 CADILLAC XLR ONLY 21,700 MILES

To me, in some it looks silver and some its slightly gold.

Thanks in advance for the help

Satin Nickle Paint

My XLR is Satin Nickle, It is silver based with some gold in it. My wife's old Escalade was Quicksliver, a completely grey or silver color. Side by side you can really see the difference. From a distance the Satin Nickle looks pretty silver. I don't know if you can see the color in my avatar. BTW I love the color. Good luck JIM

Thanks Jim, one of the cars I saw was definetly a gold color which wasn't my taste. It might of been a gold mist perhaps.
Your info helps as I will now include satin nickel in my search.

Thanks again

satin nickel

Hello everybody, I'm new to this great forum. First post.
I live in Alaska but own a second home in Vegas. I am going to buy an XLR to leave in Vegas and enjoy the sunshine in.
Since I'm in Alaska most of the time my search for a XLR is limited to the Internet. Actually I have only seen two of these awesome cars in person. And both times on the freeway. I still haven't put my hands on one. It seems like whenever I'm in Vegas there are none for sale to look at.
Anyway, my question about Satin Nickel paint.
Is it a pure silver color or does it have some gold tint? It's hard to tell with Internet pics.
Here's an example of one on craigslist which I assume is satin nickel, seems to dark for light platinum.

2005 CADILLAC XLR ONLY 21,700 MILES

To me, in some it looks silver and some its slightly gold.

Thanks in advance for the help

I agree w/Jim above but what might help,go to lowe's or home depot and look at satin nickel fixtures or switch plates. I think thy're called brushed nickel silver? you really can't tell from pics good luck!! :cool:

Thanks Jim, one of the cars I saw was definetly a gold color which wasn't my taste. It might of been a gold mist perhaps.
Your info helps as I will now include satin nickel in my search.

Thanks again

Welcome to the forum AK56. You stated that you saw a gold XLR, well it may have been gold mist. Here is a picture of one that I found on the internet.

Is this what you saw? The one on the left is gold mist. The one on the right is satin nickel. Side by side one can see the color differences, even with the different lighting.

27852530.jpg 00y0y_bbdI0C3BvJm_600x450.jpg

Anyway, Good Luck in finding one of these great vehicles. They are defintely great to have and drive.

Even though most of them seem to be hidden, they are around so let us know when you find the one you want.

:blinzel:

Thanks for all the input. I think the one I saw was a gold mist. Believe it or not the only other one I have laid eyes on was purple. It must have been a Neiman Marcus edition and it was up here in Anchorage of all places. I have only seen it once. I actually thought it looked pretty good.
The search goes on and yes the faster red ones are definetly on the list!

Thanks for all the input. I think the one I saw was a gold mist. Believe it or not the only other one I have laid eyes on was purple. It must have been a Neiman Marcus edition and it was up here in Anchorage of all places. I have only seen it once. I actually thought it looked pretty good.
The search goes on and yes the faster red ones are definetly on the list!

Don't forget AK56, the Xenon Blue XLR's are the ones that are really

The_Fast_And.gif :rocker:

They are great looking! (Mix between blue and purple and looks somewhat purple in the sun)

18040767.jpg :worship:

And will look absoultely fantastic on the future XLR YEAH! (If they build it :dunno:)

New XLR.jpg :drool: :jaw:

Oh yeah, I dig the Xenon Blue! They seem to be pretty rare in the area I have been looking.
My big fear at this point is I will settle on a car that I shouldn't buy just because I want one so bad! This forum is a huge help. I have been reading through it and feel like I have a good idea on what to look for. My budget is in the 20-30k$ range so that limits the selection quit a bit.
im headed down to Vegas next weekend for Barret Jackson. I dont see any XLR's on the auction list but Maybe something will pop up for sale in Vegas while Im there.
I might drive down to the Phoenix area or over to Cali to look at a few.
This one popped up on Craigslist yesterday. Looks promising, hopefully it will still be for sale when I get there. Since his spelling skills are similar to mine we might be able to make a deal.
Fingers are crossed.

2004 CADILLAC XLR - LOW MILAGE

Oh yeah, I dig the Xenon Blue! They seem to be pretty rare in the area I have been looking.
My big fear at this point is I will settle on a car that I shouldn't buy just because I want one so bad! This forum is a huge help. I have been reading through it and feel like I have a good idea on what to look for. My budget is in the 20-30k$ range so that limits the selection quit a bit.
im headed down to Vegas next weekend for Barret Jackson. I dont see any XLR's on the auction list but Maybe something will pop up for sale in Vegas while Im there.
I might drive down to the Phoenix area or over to Cali to look at a few.
This one popped up on Craigslist yesterday. Looks promising, hopefully it will still be for sale when I get there. Since his spelling skills are similar to mine we might be able to make a deal.
Fingers are crossed.

2004 CADILLAC XLR - LOW MILAGE

It looks great! It also has aftermarket chrome wheels. It may just be me but it also looks like the front wheels are larger than the back wheels, something to verify. Also I think that he does not have the run flats. As stated, the car does look great and that black on black is killer! :rocker:

I know that you get the one you want. I felt anxious that the right one would not come along before I found mine. I had to force myself to be patient and the right one came along. One thing I have learned is to wait for the right one and not settle. No matter what, you will always wish you had something else, even if it is only that little voice in the back of your mind. So hang in there, be patient and I am sure the right one will come along. :blinzel:

Good Luck with your search.

I looked at a bunch before I found a clean one. Don't get in too big of a rush. Meanwhile, is Ruth Ann still selling hers? It was immaculate when I saw it. Try and PM "Lolasmom"
Good luck in the hunt, they are nice cars to own.
And read up here, lots of little info to learn before and after a purchase.
Bruce

I appreciate the advice guys. I have bought and sold quite a few cars in my life and I admit I bought a few turds just because they looked cool. Im definitely older so hopefully wiser.
Its funny you mentioned Lola'smom. I was reading some threads from last week and ran across her post where she mentioned she was selling Lola. I pm'd here earlier today. I haven't gotten a response yet. Sounds like a great car. I would keep calling her Lola! Great name.
If anybody talks to Ruth Ann please tell her to check her messages.
on another note I found a 06 Xenon blue on Auto Trader in Vegas. I Contacted the guy and if he still has it when I get there on Thursday I will be able to finally check one out in person.

Typus Interruptus???

Rod, I think you may have hit SEND before you were done with the sentence. What may have been what you intended was, "..., but red ones are the fastest to fade."

:chuckle

Tim

BTW, you may have already heard this, but red ones are the fastest...:blinzel:

Rod, I think you may have hit SEND before you were done with the sentence. What may have been what you intended was, "..., but red ones are the fastest to fade."

:chuckle

Tim

Tim... you couldn't be more WRONG!!! I meant exactly what I typed...:blinzel: Or you may be confused... maybe you meant to type Light Platinum in your response... not red.:confused:

QUIK AG

Rod, you've no doubt heard of "quick silver", right? Well, tell me, have you EVER heard of "quick red"? Nope. You hear of red fire trucks (not known to be screamers), and red Farmall tractors, but nothing about red (with the possible exception of a couple Ferraris...). Missiles are generally silver, and they really haul. Ever seen a red missile? Or Coors' famous "Silver Bullet"... They don't have a "Red Bullet".

:laugh:

Tim

Tim... you couldn't be more WRONG!!! I meant exactly what I typed...:blinzel: Or you may be confused... maybe you meant to type Light Platinum in your response... not red.:confused:

BTW, you may have already heard this, but red ones are the fastest...:blinzel:

Rod, you've no doubt heard of "quick silver", right? Well, tell me, have you EVER heard of "quick red"? Nope. You hear of red fire trucks (not known to be screamers), and red Farmall tractors, but nothing about red (with the possible exception of a couple Ferraris...). Missiles are generally silver, and they really haul. Ever seen a red missile? Or Coors' famous "Silver Bullet"... They don't have a "Red Bullet".

Tim
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk....Black

Yup, yup. When I worked in Propulsion Aerodynamics for Douglas Aircraft, my section chief once told me, "You can fly a piano, if you put enough power to it." I can only imagine how much faster Elwood would go if only it were light platinum.

:lol:

Tim

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk....Black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 217

Tim

Well, you can slap some paint on anything - I mean, milk tankers are a nice shiny silver. But when it comes to XLR's, red ones are fastest.

And alien life form UFO species like Elwood don't count - it's in a category unto itself! It was probably red before re-entry burned all that off into black.

Tim

You know... I think you got me there. All I can say, is fire is red, and it sure took my body shop and me out quite quickly...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom