Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seat leather replacement

Phrede

Seasoned Member
I've heard a few have replaced the leather on their seats. Can you share your vendor?

I've heard a few have replaced the leather on their seats. Can you share your vendor?

You can purchase the OEM leather seat covers from www.gmpartsdirect.com, and thier prices are reasonable. Last time I checked they were $120.00 per seat, excluding S/H.

:cool:

An easy job; the hardest part is lifting the seat out and not damaging anything. You want to lay some kind of heavy-duty protective cover over the rocker panels so you don't gouge them with the seat feet.

While you're replacing the leather and going to all the trouble of pulling the seat, you may as well install new seat cushions as well. They aren't that expensive either. It will feel like a brand-new seat afterwards! Obviously, the driver's seat cushion takes the most wear and tear.

CC :wave:

You can purchase the OEM leather seat covers from www.gmpartsdirect.com, and thier prices are reasonable. Last time I checked they were $120.00 per seat, excluding S/H.

Thanks! for some reason I am not getting part numbers from their third party catalog. Even though they warn heavily to check the OEM number.

I must be doing something wrong.

Try gmpartsgiant.com as well.

It displays prices, part numbers and exploded views. With the part number you can hit the other parts sites to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.

CC :wave:

While you're at it, you may as well replace the plastic housing for the seat controls. It's only 20.00 or so, and, if yous is like mine, its all scuffed up from hitting it too many times. It's VERY easy to replace while the seat is out, and difficult when the seat is in. There's a screw on the very bottom which makes it difficult.

While you're at it, you may as well replace the plastic housing for the seat controls. It's only 20.00 or so, and, if yous is like mine, its all scuffed up from hitting it too many times. It's VERY easy to replace while the seat is out, and difficult when the seat is in. There's a screw on the very bottom which makes it difficult.

I recently changed the drivers seat bezel and found it easy to remove the front screw using a small flexible screwdriver. What actually was hard for me at least, was removing the seat bottom and seat back switches.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back