Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

'Selfies' with your XLR

Not exactly a selfie but we are on our way back from Florida to Ontario Canada. Steve is driving the Grand Cherokee and I am in my XLR. I had reset the average MPG feature and glanced at it the first day, yesterday - later in the day and it was at 27.6. Not the best I have got in the past I was just shy of 28 on a trip once......but good - keeping in mind that I tend to be a spirited driver and we were traveling between 77 - 79 mph virtually everywhere except in the posted construction zones. Also, I am running mid-range fuel as Steve & I are both filling up on one swipe at the pumps - we have had trouble in the past when driving in two cars as we have the same VISA number and the bank was freezing our cards :mad: when we were both swiping cards at the same time.

Anyway, I reset my average mpg again this morning and in the mid afternoon I had checked it and was in mid 28. mpg zone. Steve & I have walkie-talkies to talk back and forth so I told him about it and he checked his, it was in the mid 23's. So I started being very mindful of how hard I was XLR-ating, doing a bit of drafting etc and so was Steve. Anyway, when I got it to 29.4 mark, Steve (who was leading at the time) decided to slow down to the posted 70 until I hit 30. I started using my Instant mpg thing to keep me in check and really keep an eye on XLR-ating etc. We probably drove 30 miles doing 70 so I could hit the 30: small things amuse small minds - I actually got to 30.1 so Steve reset the cruise to 77 for the last 20 miles. The crazy thing is that by the time we got to the hotel I actually hit 30.3 even though we had sped up.... but I kept being mindful of stomping on it etc. Steve even managed to get 26.8 with the Jeep!

Gotta keep yourself amused when driving that kind of distance! (it is around 1500 miles door to door)

So does anyone else ever pay attention to your Average MPG? Certainly someone must have done this some time...... imagine if I drove 'mindfully' all day long (not necessarily the speed limit though
:laugh:)

Who'd a thunk Sandy would be hypermiling in her XLR? Don't make the Priuses jealous!

I do "spirited" driving in town & not for long distances so I usually get about 16-17 mpg. However, on trips it's usually about 28 mpg. Best I've gotten with my V6 CTS coupe on a trip is maybe 24 mpg - AMAZING that the XLR does better.

Who'd a thunk Sandy would be hypermiling in her XLR? Don't make the Priuses jealous!

I do "spirited" driving in town & not for long distances so I usually get about 16-17 mpg. However, on trips it's usually about 28 mpg. Best I've gotten with my V6 CTS coupe on a trip is maybe 24 mpg - AMAZING that the XLR does better.

HAHA! Absolutely.......I love saving fuel........so then I can stand on it when I want and not feel 'Fuel-ish'! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I don't have to go out and check. 22.7
Normal city driving with a stomp on it every so often
Hwy i've done 28.5 several times. I've even dropped the speed down to 55, turned off the a/c and got 30 once.

Rexster 97 % of the time I don't use a/c. Because the top is down unless it's ☔️ or the temp drops under 65. Yes I'm unusually crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this is a true selfie [emoji23][emoji6][emoji41]
0f8910f8ec52a135785a16cf31eb32b5.jpg

Not exactly a selfie but we are on our way back from Florida to Ontario Canada. Steve is driving the Grand Cherokee and I am in my XLR. I had reset the average MPG feature and glanced at it the first day, yesterday - later in the day and it was at 27.6. Not the best I have got in the past I was just shy of 28 on a trip once......but good - keeping in mind that I tend to be a spirited driver and we were traveling between 77 - 79 mph virtually everywhere except in the posted construction zones. Also, I am running mid-range fuel as Steve & I are both filling up on one swipe at the pumps - we have had trouble in the past when driving in two cars as we have the same VISA number and the bank was freezing our cards :mad: when we were both swiping cards at the same time.

Anyway, I reset my average mpg again this morning and in the mid afternoon I had checked it and was in mid 28. mpg zone. Steve & I have walkie-talkies to talk back and forth so I told him about it and he checked his, it was in the mid 23's. So I started being very mindful of how hard I was XLR-ating, doing a bit of drafting etc and so was Steve. Anyway, when I got it to 29.4 mark, Steve (who was leading at the time) decided to slow down to the posted 70 until I hit 30. I started using my Instant mpg thing to keep me in check and really keep an eye on XLR-ating etc. We probably drove 30 miles doing 70 so I could hit the 30: small things amuse small minds - I actually got to 30.1 so Steve reset the cruise to 77 for the last 20 miles. The crazy thing is that by the time we got to the hotel I actually hit 30.3 even though we had sped up.... but I kept being mindful of stomping on it etc. Steve even managed to get 26.8 with the Jeep!

Gotta keep yourself amused when driving that kind of distance! (it is around 1500 miles door to door)

So does anyone else ever pay attention to your Average MPG? Certainly someone must have done this some time...... imagine if I drove 'mindfully' all day long (not necessarily the speed limit though
:laugh:)

After a long (45 min ) highway run 1 way and back home here is my average
7b6fd991b27015ed04ba3a664f76018a.jpg
almost 24 mpg

Bluebeast

:lol: Hope you made it home safely. Bluebeast does not worry about millage!!! Top down and having a great drive in our XLR is what it is all about.

:lol: Hope you made it home safely. Bluebeast does not worry about millage!!! Top down and having a great drive in our XLR is what it is all about.

Absolutely....99% of the time driving my XLR I don't care, but on this trip I decided to check and then it became a game! :blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom