Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Service Stabilitrak in the Morning

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
Hey all;

I seem to be having a issue with the Service Stabilitrak message coming on when I use my car in the early morning when the temperature is around 15 Celsius outside. As soon as I drive it for about 5 mins and shut off and restart the car it does not come on again?

When I don't use my car in the early morning but around 9-10am when the weather is 20-25 Celsius it does not come on???

So it appears to me be weather related but I don't know what to start looking at? Since I have had the comb installed in the Steering Wheel Sensor. If someone could help me out here that would be much appreciated!!!

I had a similar issue which, I believe, was battery related. A battery with low voltage can exhibit the same issue - maybe the battery volts drop enough when it's colder to cause the issue? Try using a Battery Tender at night and see if that "fixes" it.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It turned out to be a weak battery which I gave it a charge last night and in the morning NO MESSAGE!!! I should have figured as much since last week I was working on the car changing the belt and had the hood open with the light on for about 5 hours continuous. Thx Very Much! :blinzel:

Glad that you found the problem, but keep an eye on your battery. The hood light normally will go out after 15 minutes or so.

:cool:

Glad that you found the problem, but keep an eye on your battery. The hood light normally will go out after 15 minutes or so.

:cool:

Actually it never did the whole time which I thought was weird so I lowered the hood to make sure it was going out when I closed the hood, which indeed it was. Weird?!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom