Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Service Stabilitrax

unionrunner

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V, 2006 CTS Perf w/6 spd, 2013 Black SRX
Coach was driving this afternoon when "Service Stabilitrax" appearred in the DIC. Any ideas what's up, what we're in for?

Thanks in advance for any experiences or insights.
e

Coach was driving this afternoon when "Service Stabilitrax" appearred in the DIC. Any ideas what's up, what we're in for?

e

Had this happen the other day while vacationing in Canada with Madmac. Shut off engine, started back up... "Service Stabilitrac" in DIC went offf, hasn't happened since. Maybe one of the magnetic ride sensors broke, there is one at each wheel. Had this happen to me once. Part is about $65, less than 1/2 hour to replace.

e

Eric,

I've had this happen to me on occasion - As stated above, I usually just stop, shut the car off, then restart it... the message disappears. Sometimes some strange situation just sends a signal to the sensor that results in the message appearing. Unless the message starts appearing more frequently or doesn't go away when you restart the car, I don't think you have anything to worry about. IF your XLR is still in warranty, no harm in stopping by the dealer to have them take a look at it. IMHO, I wouldn't go out of my way to have it addressed, unless it happens more often.

Good luck. See you at Mid Ohio! :wave:

Thanks for the insights. Still have the message after shut-down, cool-down and restart. Still have warranty, too, so tomorrow I'll let my dealer take a look.
I'll share the outcome when I find out.
e

My experience now mirrors those of the others who were kind enough to share here. On Wednesday the message wouldn't go away and the system that would not reset, on Thursday the system had reset itself without human intervention and we couldn't get the message to reappear - gone hopefully to not return. Both Coach and I drove Black Beauty yesterday - Coach aggressively - and no DIC warning messages, so maybe our Stabilitrax system just doesn't like 100 degree days. We'll find that answer today.

Thanks all:wave:

It just might be the heat!!

It 'popped up' on Scarlett-V on this past Tuesday and yesterday. I dropped it off this morning at the dealership and am having them check the whole car over. My CPO warranty ends this September, so I told them I don't want any surprises come October!! I'll advise what they find out.

My experience now mirrors those of the others who were kind enough to share here. On Wednesday the message wouldn't go away and the system that would not reset, on Thursday the system had reset itself without human intervention and we couldn't get the message to reappear - gone hopefully to not return. Both Coach and I drove Black Beauty yesterday - Coach aggressively - and no DIC warning messages, so maybe our Stabilitrax system just doesn't like 100 degree days. We'll find that answer today.

Thanks all:wave:

TSB

The link is to a TSB in the Knowledgebase that might give some insight.

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://xlr-net.com/kb/questions/51/...Stabilitrak{47}Active+Handling+Message+on+DIC

Or go to the knowledgebase/electrical and ignition/bulletin #15

Uintah

That was checked long ago. I neglected to state in my earlier post the engine MIL was also lit. Got the car back late Friday night. Don't know what codes were stored, but the tech said it had to do with the injection system. They cleaned the injectors and fuel rails and all is well. He said sometimes these cars send all sorts of codes after one thing starts acting up. We shall see.......

The link is to a TSB in the Knowledgebase that might give some insight.

<STYLE> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </STYLE>Cadillac XLR Net | Knowledgebase :: 2004 - 2008: Service Bulletin: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC

Or go to the knowledgebase/electrical and ignition/bulletin #15

Uintah

That was checked long ago. I neglected to state in my earlier post the engine MIL was also lit. Got the car back late Friday night. Don't know what codes were stored, but the tech said it had to do with the injection system. They cleaned the injectors and fuel rails and all is well. He said sometimes these cars send all sorts of codes after one thing starts acting up. We shall see.......

I posted the information not just for your benefit, but also for anyone else reading the thread. By the way, you're welcome.

Uintah

Hi all, my experience with this seems a little difference. Just bought my 2006 less than a week ago. The Service Stabilitrax code appeared, and then twice when that happened or right before the car seemed to shut down for a second and then immediately started running fine. Some days the message doesn't appear at all. Don't like having the car basically "stall" for a second while driving. Can't find any recall information regarding this on the forum, anyone else had this experience? Many thanks!

May be hard to find. The worse fails are those that you cannot duplicate or they are random. These cars do depend on good grounds and thete are several on the car that usually could use a good ckeaning. Its easy . id start with that.

Ive found that when i need to locate a post , i usually get good results by google someting like " xlr ground locations forum" something will pop up.

You should check the SWPS connector, it is located on the bottom of the steering column. It's easy to see once you remove the panel under the column. It's known to get loose and cause problems similar to what your having. Try searching "SWPS connector".
Good luck

sw

Hi all, my experience with this seems a little difference. Just bought my 2006 less than a week ago. The Service Stabilitrax code appeared, and then twice when that happened or right before the car seemed to shut down for a second and then immediately started running fine. Some days the message doesn't appear at all. Don't like having the car basically "stall" for a second while driving. Can't find any recall information regarding this on the forum, anyone else had this experience? Many thanks!
What condition is the battery in? If any doubt at all, fit a replacement. Our Xs are very, very picky about battery condition. Might not be the cause of this problem, but a poor battery will cause strange issues.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom