Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

shift cable bushing

saw this on ebay, looks like its for the bushing on the transmission side of the cable.
Access Denied

Ok..... great find! Made offer I hit $12 x 2 = $24 +8 shipping = $32 for 2 Kits! Thx Lextoy now I can keep my shifter cable for back up! [emoji1303][emoji482]

Last edited:
Hey folks, this bushing kit link below is all you need to fix the shifter cable when you XLR will not shift from the dried up broken plactic bushing. Do like I did and buy 2 kits and see if the original one needs replaced now and keep the other one somewhere in your XLR for backup. Who knows when you will breakdown from this little tiny plastic bushing breaking and when this happens you may be dead on the spot. Then how long will it take a repair shop to order parts to repair, But if you already have this repair kit with you, it could be repaired almost right away, plus you will not need to be forced to buy a whole shifter cable, probably at GM Dealer cost of $100 bucks or more, because that's what they are going to tell you, you need to do to repair this problem! Not true...... Watch this video link below how simple it really is to fix, of couse you will need to get to the part under the car at the transmission shifter cable hook up, but hell let the repair shop do that!
620c2bd72ca8a26a965805c3041991a7.png

Shifter bushing repair kit - Cadillac XLR Shift cable linkage bushing - EASY INSTALLATION | eBay

VIDEO - The easiest way to fix your Cadillac XLR shift cable! Kit includes replacement bushing - YouTube

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back