Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show and tell

Our local Ford Dealer conducts a "Cruise-In" each year open to all makes and models. The turnout is usually about 300 cars. The dealership provides hot dogs and sodas and you get a T-shirt when you register.

We usually attend and this year the weather was beautiful.

Here's a picture of Crimson Pearl and my 1976 Chevrolet El Camino at the show.

View attachment 4774

Your collection looks great at the show! How did you pick those two? Did Alexis get to drive one in? :cool:

Your collection looks great at the show! How did you pick those two? Did Alexis get to drive one in? :cool:

I've been taking my El Camino to most shows this season since it hasn't been seen at too many the last few years.

I drove the El Camino and Alexis drove Crimson Pearl.

But things will be different next season!

I will be posting photos of what I will be showing in just a few weeks (it's worth the wait). :cool:

I've been taking my El Camino to most shows this season since it hasn't been seen at too many the last few years.

I will be posting photos of what I will be showing in just a few weeks (it's worth the wait). :cool:

Ok, I am anticipating :cool: ..... is it something you are restoring or awaiting delivery on?

Oh oh oh :jump: I bet I can guess! But I won't risk giving it away! :nono:

I don't have nearly as many cars anymore in anticipation of possibly relocating. I got rid of most the project cars and the off-site finished cars are being sold locally, so I'm stuck with my Mustang and Eldorado.

But my latest project vehicle is more utilitarian. I just hope I can stay motivated over the winter to finish it. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the " Elwood Transport" Toy Hauler/RV

I know, I know, it looks like a piece of crap - but that's the point! I want it to look like a dilapidated, junkyard dog on the outside while the inside and drivetrain will all be brand new. Its a 1987 Wayne Lifeguard 36' 64 passenger school bus licensed as an RV. It has the rear extended 7', dovetailed and the back wall replaced with a hydraulic door. The previous owner used it to haul his tractor pull race truck.

The following are the current layout options. I want it to be able to sleep 4 comfortably and be self-sufficient for at least a four day race weekend. It will have fresh water and grey water tanks, a 280aHr battery bank, and a 6500W generator. So far, I've gutted the interior, replaced all the insulation and started installing the walls in the garage. I still have three little leaks in the RV section that I just can't find to seal so that section will have to wait.

Yes, I had to check and be sure Elwood would fit.

Of course I drove the Mustang up to Champaign to pick it up.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any work on it lately since all my time has been taken getting prepped for the Texas Mile last weekend. But while there I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time to watch one of the mile racers unloading his car (a brand new Lambo Aventador) and his trailer was exactly what I envision for ET.

So now I'm pumped up to get it done.

Cool. That's the ultimate "team Elwood toy hauler." To bad you can't try and hydraulically manage to take 2 cars in the RV/bus. Since the back end is raised. But looking good for taking Elwood to shows and the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A worthy project!

I will enjoy following your progress.

A little Sunday afternoon drive

Today was very sunny and bright, but cool. Still, a very nice afternoon to take a little drive in Crimson Pearl.

I only got one photo today that looked interesting, here it is.

XLRSylvia_zps475d5c5c.jpg

Nice.

Picture of the day

Today was another bright and sunny day. Temperature was about 65. Once again, Alexis and I took Crimson Pearl out for a nice little Sunday afternoon drive.

Here's the picture of the day :

DSC01455_zps4ff26bc2.jpg

Cool pic.

caliper painted

Ok, just got my baby back home. I could've had her back a couple days ago, but the tech guy at my dealership thought he would surprise me. I bought the silver caliper paint and then had a appointment set for last monday 2/23/2015. He had all of them painted and was surprising me with what he thought was close to my red color. Instead it wasn't my cars color it was more like the 05 color red. So after a couple more daysI had the lettering changed to black. So here is the final product just in time for my big car show on sat (3/7/15). I rushed her back home and tucked her in the garage before the rains hit.
My garagelink here has been updated too.

IMG_0839.JPGIMG_0840.JPG the paint is dupi color silver caliper paint. I think the black is the same since its on the calipers for extreme heat. The only thing is i should've taken a pic of the red one

Attachments

• IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 338
That's a good look!

Are you pleased with it?

Hope you're having better weather than we are.

That's a good look!

Are you pleased with it?

Yes I am pleased with his work. :thumbsup now the next thing to do is some under the hood dress up. Thinking of painting the fuse box cover. Nothing to flashy so probably black. Since the only red i've seen is the bright red. unless i send out to someone to have it professionally done to match my color car

That's a good look!

Are you pleased with it?

Well to be honest. The dealer called me and told me that the car was ready. so when i arrived to pick her up. the service guy that was working on them decided he would surprise me and paint the lettering red. It was the wrong red (05 bright red i guess). So i had them repaint the letters to be black. Looks much better.
Whats wrong with yours?

Well today I spent a couple hrs washing mine. I'm getting ready for a car show which is about a 30-40 min drive south of my location. The weather will bottom out. 60's for sat. Not to bad but could be better

Toys, past & present

attachment.php

The Beast - IGO200 6sp Tremec wore out left knee. Sold two years back w/8K miles

attachment.php

Stable of cats - yellow, daily driver, sold. silver, vacation and long distant car club events driver, sold in March, orange for local car shows, still own

attachment.php

Still have this Rolex Edition for weekly car shows

attachment.php

69 Z28 full body off/frame off resto complete. Show stopper, award winner. This one w/5sp Tremec was also too much for the knee - sold and replaced with XLR

attachment.php

Engine in the above - mild cam and huge gas sucking cfm carb

attachment.php

Z51 Vette - Current daily work commute driver

p z

Attachments

• 69camaro2.jpg
    69camaro2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 791
  • Z51 4 LE  1.jpg
    Z51 4 LE 1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,286