Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

A tunnel car wash at a dealer? You just caused me to have a heart attack if that's what you're talking about!!:pat:

Agree Rex,,,, nothing like those tunnel car washes with their recycled dirty water with engine oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, p/s fluid getting past the filtering system and onto the clear coat finish of one's car :nono:

2007 XLR

Texas here

2007 XLR - IMG_1421_.jpg2007 XLR - IMG_1424-Edit_.jpg

My 09 XLR platium edition

image.jpgimage.jpgI putchased my XLR less than a week ago. At first i wasnt very impressed over all with my car but the more i drive it,the more i like it. One thing that helped convinced me that I was driving a unique car was when I was at the Taco Bell drive-through and people started coming up to me asking what it was and can they take pictures . I've owned a lot of nice cars but as far as I know never has anyone asked to take pictures of my car . Of course I was flattered by the request to take pictures and gave them my permission to do so. My XLR has a few quirks to work out hopefully nothing serious I know absolutely nothing about these cars. I saw it sitting for sale and thought I would check it out this was about 2-3 months ago. Then the other day I ran onto the car again ,the price dropped $5000 of his asking price due to the fact the guy was really needing money so I jumped all over it . I hope it turns out to be a really good car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
$5k?

Dwolf, $5,000 for this was a steal if the quirks you mention are minimal costs to repair. How many miles? Welcome to the XLR family:wave:. Get used to people's compliments, it's part of owning a unique Cadillac

Welcome to the xlr net. There are several ppl here to help if you have any questions. Several events are also being planned. So hope to see you at a event in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the XLR forum.... you've barely paid for that car you actually stole it at that price that's an XLR-V not a base model.....this forum has many knowledge people with lots of background from these cars from over the years. I'm sure most of your quirks can be worked out! There's a homecoming event coming up in September 2018 if we can get all of the details worked out it will be in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Corvette plant area. That is where all the XLR & XLR-V were assembled! Your XLR sets on the C5-C6 Corvette frame that's why they were all built and assembled there. Keep an eye on the forum here for updates! We hope you can attend and glad to have you with the XLR Gang! Enjoy your Topless driving [emoji41]

Last edited:
Welcome to the XLR forum.... you've barely paid for that car you actually stole it at that price that's an XLR-V not a base model.....this forum has many knowledge people with lots of background from these cars from over the years. I'm sure most of your quirks can be worked out! There's a homecoming event coming up in September 2018 if we can get all of the details worked out it will be in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Corvette plant area. That is where all the XLR & XLR-V were assembled! Your XLR sets on the C5-C6 Corvette frame that's why they were all built and assembled there. Keep an eye on the forum here for updates! We hope you can attend and glad to have you with the XLR Gang! Enjoy your Topless driving [emoji41]

Dan: trying to cypher your tap talk message with lack of punctuation..... if you are saying it is a V.... That is not a V. '09 V's do not have the special tail pipes and DO say V on them. All 09's have the V style hood to mess you up.

Regardless, if that is not a 'typo' and you did pay 5 grand Dwolf - then you got the bargain of the century - unless it is 'hot' or has a blown motor and been in the Texas floods. Good thing you snatched it up. When I first read your posting on my cell phone I figured it was a high mile, well worn - early production car. Looks awesome Dwolf, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here with any 'quirks'.

Curious how many miles, how many prev owners, general condition (looks shiny) and especially if it was 5 grand. :cool:

Proof--Show the documented bill of sale

There is no way an '09 XLR was sold for $5,000.00!!! And graytoad, you are correct. That is not a V. I'm thinking he is missing a zero in his price. He doesn't list mileage or any of the problems with the car, so it's hard to tell if he got a good deal or not.

Dan: trying to cypher your tap talk message with lack of punctuation..... if you are saying it is a V.... That is not a V. '09 V's do not have the special tail pipes and DO say V on them. All 09's have the V style hood to mess you up.

Regardless, if that is not a 'typo' and you did pay 5 grand Dwolf - then you got the bargain of the century - unless it is 'hot' or has a blown motor and been in the Texas floods. Good thing you snatched it up. When I first read your posting on my cell phone I figured it was a high mile, well worn - early production car. Looks awesome Dwolf, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here with any 'quirks'.

Curious how many miles, how many prev owners, general condition (looks shiny) and especially if it was 5 grand. :cool:

Well Sandy I learned something new tonight. I did not know all 2009's had the V hood..... Thanks for telling me that! As they say ya learn something new everyday! [emoji6]

Last edited:
I think,,,, he dropped the price $5,000 lower!

My XLR

Dwolf, $5,000 for this was a steal if the quirks you mention are minimal costs to repair. How many miles? Welcome to the XLR family:wave:. Get used to people's compliments, it's part of owning a unique Cadillac

Will I ever learn to stop using voice text because it nearly always print some mistake in this case and gave you all the impression that I gave $5000 for the car which is incorrect it was supposed to say the price dropped $5000 not drop to $5000 I actually have about $11,500 tied up in it which I feel is still a bargain.
A couple of fun quirks that I would really like to figure out for one the button to the remote top stays lit all the time I'm sure it's not supposed to,another quirk is the forward Tonnele cover will not completely close because it's coming down on the actual top and it appears that is supposed to clear the top so it sticks up with for Tonnele cover in the rear Tonnele cover meet, tried everything in the world to get this to close correctly and i've not been successful,every time I get in the car this CD player does this Clickety click sound and refuses to load any CDs .
someone ask whats its mileage, it is a local One owner who is a local attorney driving car with 150,000 miles on it it is in such good condition but it looks like it's got less than 50,000 on it . has anyone had trouble with the chrome peeling off of the wheels the backside of the wheels the chrome is almost completely gone and it's working it's way into the front of the wheel I had a 2013 Cadillac Escalade's last summer and it was doing the same thing I found dozens of vehicles with chrome wheels and I've never seen one ever feel like this is this a Cadillac trait? I'm wondering if they are subcontracting the wheels out to someone and they're not doing such a good job .
Anyway my apologies for the misunderstanding on the price I still feel like I stole it

My 09 XLR platium edition.

You are correct,it is not the V, its a platium edition.
it is not hot,nothing serriously wrong with the car,motor is solid. You all misunderstood my price the price I paid for it was 5000 less than what they were asking for it to weeks prior I actually paid $11,500 approximately which was still a bargain,although it does have 150,000 miles you would never know it by looking at it or driving it there's no damage anywhere, The interior is about a 98 out of 100 as is exterior. It was locally owned since new by a local attorney it's a one owner car and apparently has been garaged it's whole life.
My apologies for the misunderstanding .

You are correct,it is not the V, its a platium edition.
it is not hot,nothing serriously wrong with the car,motor is solid. You all misunderstood my price the price I paid for it was 5000 less than what they were asking for it to weeks prior I actually paid $11,500 approximately which was still a bargain,although it does have 150,000 miles you would never know it by looking at it or driving it there's no damage anywhere, The interior is about a 98 out of 100 as is exterior. It was locally owned since new by a local attorney it's a one owner car and apparently has been garaged it's whole life.
My apologies for the misunderstanding .

That's still one hell of deal V or not, sorry I can't really help you much with the problems your having, the back cover not closing correctly sounds like it needs an adjustment of some sort or maybe something's broken not letting it close correctly. Someone here with your same year would probably know about the top button light staying on. At least all your quirks are just minor and not major issues that effect the driving of your XLR! Have a wonderful weekend! [emoji41]

Will I ever learn to stop using voice text because it nearly always print some mistake in this case and gave you all the impression that I gave $5000 for the car which is incorrect it was supposed to say the price dropped $5000 not drop to $5000 I actually have about $11,500 tied up in it which I feel is still a bargain.
A couple of fun quirks that I would really like to figure out for one the button to the remote top stays lit all the time I'm sure it's not supposed to,another quirk is the forward Tonnele cover will not completely close because it's coming down on the actual top and it appears that is supposed to clear the top so it sticks up with for Tonnele cover in the rear Tonnele cover meet, tried everything in the world to get this to close correctly and i've not been successful,every time I get in the car this CD player does this Clickety click sound and refuses to load any CDs .
someone ask whats its mileage, it is a local One owner who is a local attorney driving car with 150,000 miles on it it is in such good condition but it looks like it's got less than 50,000 on it . has anyone had trouble with the chrome peeling off of the wheels the backside of the wheels the chrome is almost completely gone and it's working it's way into the front of the wheel I had a 2013 Cadillac Escalade's last summer and it was doing the same thing I found dozens of vehicles with chrome wheels and I've never seen one ever feel like this is this a Cadillac trait? I'm wondering if they are subcontracting the wheels out to someone and they're not doing such a good job .
Anyway my apologies for the misunderstanding on the price I still feel like I stole it

I do the voice text thing too sometimes when it's a long winded speech, then proof read and go back and try to fix all the changes before I hit the reply button. Not sure which one is faster fixing all the mistakes or just typing it out in the first place! LOL [emoji23]

Yes, you did steal it: good for you! :beerchug:

Considering your bargain I would spend the coin and consult the nearest Cadillac dealer who has a Mechanic with XLR knowledge..... which is hard to find. None the less all the dealers have access to the files on adjusting and repairing issues like your top problems. Likely the adjustments needed to make the top seat into place may also resolve your warning light issue. You have the same wheels as I do, sorry, mine are just fine but the chrome plating today is not the same quality it was years back. We (my hubby & I are both motor heads) have had issues on other chrome wheels in the past. Perhaps if you search the internet forums you will find a solution to stop the peeling. I am thinking if you carefully snap off the chrome that is sticking up then use a clear epoxy glue along the edge of the missing chrome you may be able to stop that peeling: but maybe someone online has some answers. Good luck with your issues and congratulations on your find!

BTW: nice bike collection, personally I own a couple of Road Kings, one in Ontario and another at our winter place in Florida. Loved Arkansas: went to Bikes, Blues n BBQ's last year- first trip to Arkansas! I wanted to come down again this year but could not: some of the best riding I have enjoyed ever in that area: amazing roads & scenery :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, you did steal it: good for you! :beerchug:

Considering your bargain I would spend the coin and consult the nearest Cadillac dealer who has a Mechanic with XLR knowledge..... which is hard to find. None the less all the dealers have access to the files on adjusting and repairing issues like your top problems. Likely the adjustments needed to make the top seat into place may also resolve your warning light issue. You have the same wheels as I do, sorry, mine are just fine but the chrome plating today is not the same quality it was years back. We (my hubby & I are both motor heads) have had issues on other chrome wheels in the past. Perhaps if you search the internet forums you will find a solution to stop the peeling. I am thinking if you carefully snap off the chrome that is sticking up then use a clear epoxy glue along the edge of the missing chrome you may be able to stop that peeling: but maybe someone online has some answers. Good luck with your issues and congratulations on your find!

BTW: nice bike collection, personally I own a couple of Road Kings, one in Ontario and another at our winter place in Florida. Loved Arkansas: went to Bikes, Blues n BBQ's last year- first trip to Arkansas! I wanted to come down again this year but could not: some of the best riding I have enjoyed ever in that area: amazing roads & scenery :cool:
Thank you for your advise,on the wheeles as well as the other problems im having with my car. Thank you for complimenting my bike collection,im very proud to be the owner of these custom harleys. I also have a nice car collection,2 Porsche 928's,68 camero rs/ss, Ferrari 308GTS ,XLR,2 new Ram 1500 4x4,s, 2ford explorers,6 sand rail dune buggies, 2 honda rancher 4x4s as well as verious other powersports including a malubu wakesetter wake board boat and a Rinker 232 cabin cruiser.....i would say i am a collector of anything with a motor, 100% gearhead here

Hear are some more pics of my 09 XLR

The more i drive. My XLR the more i love it. I figured out the problem with the cover behind the head rest not closing properly..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 335
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 336
The more i drive. My XLR the more i love it. I figured out the problem with the cover behind the head rest not closing properly..

Get all your issues sorted out then?

Just a thought. I may be assuming wrong but I am guessing you have the stock exhaust system on the car? If you decide swap out a Corsa cat back system it is an easy bolt on system but I had my tail pipes custom welded so they dump into those stock 'dress exhaust tips' that are exclusive to the 09 base XLR's. Kind of odd that the coolest 'dress-up' change they made to the 09 in the rear was the ground effects changes and those very slick looking exhaust tips..... but if you bought a XLR-V the tips look like all the other years of V's :dunno:

Sorting problems out

Get all your issues sorted out then?

Just a thought. I may be assuming wrong but I am guessing you have the stock exhaust system on the car? If you decide swap out a Corsa cat back system it is an easy bolt on system but I had my tail pipes custom welded so they dump into those stock 'dress exhaust tips' that are exclusive to the 09 base XLR's. Kind of odd that the coolest 'dress-up' change they made to the 09 in the rear was the ground effects changes and those very slick looking exhaust tips..... but if you bought a XLR-V the tips look like all the other years of V's :dunno:
I haven't got all the problems sorted out the check engine light is still on the CD changer won't except any CDs in it and it does the Clickety clickety every time I get in the car. Can't believe they were and I have Bluetooth we can play music or an auxiliary jack on the sound system as expense of this car is. I have a Corsa exhaust on my boat and it has a switch for you can flip it to normal mode or loud loud I wish by Cadillac was louder it does have The stock exhaust as far as I know. Which sounds pretty good when I put my foot in it . I'm surprised how good a fuel mileage it gets I averaged over 20 miles per gallon with an easy and that's with mostly town driving . And the DIC in the dash or tails if you got a low tire or you need oil change and all that it is constantly cycling through all of that it won't stay where I put it what's up with that anyone no . So far I haven't found any serious issues with the car I love it more every time I drive it it has no leaks Barnes noil although it has 150,000 miles it was a local one owner car by a local attorney that really took care of it there's not a scratch on it.

thats a great deal. 11.5k for an 09 even with high miles , if its in mint condition who cares!!
my guess on the switches would be to replace them both.
however a quick diagnostic with a techII would reveal if the switches are the true culprit.

even if you have to throw 3 k at it at teh dealer to work out the bugs, its worth it. and it wont cost that much if they are simple fixes like bad switches.

peely wheels , wow for 150k i would expect them to be going bad.
just replace them. i think there a set of V wheels in the classifieds right now that would look great.
or whatever aftermarket wheel you would like.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom