Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"SLIGHTLY MODIFIED" XLR for sale

Don't like the car.... But... I wonder if they could make replacement body stock parts for us if anyone has a "fender bender"?

OMG! What a HIDEOUS thing to do to an XLR. I am all for customization and even re-bodies. I think the XLR would be a great platform for something...but not THAT! I cannot believe they convinced someone to buy it originally. Why would anyone remove the factory magnetic shocks and replace with Bilsteins? I have built a ton of custom cars, but no upgrades to the interior, no two-tone to carry the theme inside, no changing out the wood to something more retro like aluminum...nothing...and a painted engine cover for $100k? Are you serious!?!?!? As a builder, that really upsets me! :mad:

:pukeface::pukeface::pukeface::bash:

Says it all.

There aren't enough XLR's out there to waste on something like that!

Last edited:
That's NOT slightly modified! What a waste of a beautiful XLR and 100,000 for that........ they are out of their freaking mind! Hell that's what a brand new V sold for........... But some people may like it! But it's not for my eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Phil - if that's the stuff you've been looking at while checking out XLR's, I can understand why you're a little antsy about having pulled the trigger! :chuckle

CUCKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS

Phil - if that's the stuff you've been looking at while checking out XLR's, I can understand why you're a little antsy about having pulled the trigger! :chuckle

ha ha - sure made me wonder just what kind of crowd I might be getting into!!:lol:

A boatload of fabrication work,,,,,,

Both, the 789 and the Godfather roadsters are works of art. 4,000 man hours went into the Godfather, and after it sold for $37K minus the BJ sales commission.....the owner must have hung himself after spending $164K to build it, and then seeing $130K melt away on the auction hammer. The eBay ad said the 789 owner owns two others like the one up for sale, except V series. Hard to believe anyone would be so tasteless as to own three of those beauties....has to be some oil sheik I would guess.

7-8-9

Both, the 789 and the Godfather roadsters are works of art. 4,000 man hours went into the Godfather, and after it sold for $37K minus the BJ sales commission.....the owner must have hung himself after spending $164K to build it, and then seeing $130K melt away on the auction hammer. The eBay ad said the 789 owner owns two others like the one up for sale, except V series. Hard to believe anyone would be so tasteless as to own three of those beauties....has to be some oil sheik I would guess.

The 7-8-9 has been around for several years now. Built by a company called n2a (no two alike) but were ususally built on a C6 Corvette chassis. They actually can, in my opinion, be a pretty good looking car if done in the right colors and interior. They are definitely unique - one reason many bought an XLR!

Take a look at this one:

789 Chevy - 2007 n2a Motors

from $100 K to 14.5 K

Certainly not my taste in modifications, but interesting, certainly looks over priced at $100KOver the weekend I saw a 2005 XLR with V type grill and aftermarket wheels for sale at theSanta Clarita Auto Fair sell it your self lot on the College of the Canyons Parking lot in Valencia, CA.$14,500 !! wow. Lowest price I have ever seen for an XLR. Sure hope that is the bottom

I hate to say it, but these need to be added to the registry. I captured some of the data from the eBay ad of the first one:

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 1G6YV34A755603291 Year: 2005
Number of Cylinders: 8 Make: Cadillac
Transmission: Automatic Model:
XLR

:pukeface:

Certainly not my taste in modifications, but interesting, certainly looks over priced at $100KOver the weekend I saw a 2005 XLR with V type grill and aftermarket wheels for sale at theSanta Clarita Auto Fair sell it your self lot on the College of the Canyons Parking lot in Valencia, CA.$14,500 !! wow. Lowest price I have ever seen for an XLR. Sure hope that is the bottom

I've seen several recently in that price range - usually very high mileage or wreck repair.

I can't help but appreciate the craftsmanship in those cars. I don't think I would like one if I saw it in person though. I am aware there are people that feel the same about our cars, same as the superbird in the 70's. I guess someone thinks they are an improvement on our cars. :dunno:

You know I totally agree about craftsmanship, and if done right, I get that, and the reason it's upsetting is so few XLR 's were made! But if they did this before knowing the XRL was going to end production I guess I'd look at it differently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

The 7-8-9 has been around for several years now. Built by a company called n2a (no two alike) but were ususally built on a C6 Corvette chassis. They actually can, in my opinion, be a pretty good looking car if done in the right colors and interior. They are definitely unique - one reason many bought an XLR!

Take a look at this one:

789 Chevy - 2007 n2a Motors

Ok...I stand corrected. That is a good looking custom. Nice paint scheme followed into the interior, and nice wheels that complement the vehicle. I also like they used a vette not an XLR...

Chocolate AND Vanilla

Ok...I stand corrected. That is a good looking custom. Nice paint scheme followed into the interior, and nice wheels that complement the vehicle. I also like they used a vette not an XLR...

The vette folks would probably disagree! But, this is still America - and that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla ice cream.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom