Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

So where the heck do you buy an altenator?

cam99

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
My altenator atarted squeeling like crazy today and as i call around to get one, no one seems to have it. Is this a dealer only part? Is there an online service to buy from?

Try gmpartsdirect.com they may be able to help you out.

I never buy one i have it rebuilt from a local shop. I've never had any trouble from one I've had rebuilt and it is about a quarter of the price of a new one.

Took it to the dealership I bought it from and at first they thought it was a tensioner or the power steering pump, but then found a TSB about mis-alligned pulleys causing squeeling. We shall see.

Squeeling from motor

I am having the same problem. I have taken it to the dealer 2 times before they heard the noise. They sprayed lubricatant on the belts and it stopped for one day. They have ordered two new belts. The service history from previous owner states that both belts and tensioners were replaced in 2009. I just bought the car two weeks ago (2008 xlr). How is the pulley alignment check? The dealer just checked them visually and said they look ok. If you have any info on the service bulletin # please let me know so I can give this infor to the dealer. If you know what parts were replaced, please let me know. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Matt

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry