Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Sold 06-V

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
Just for the record I wanted to let owners know that I Sold my 06-V for $25,000 on Ebay:thumbsup, lots of looky loos wanting to steal it at ridiculous prices, they have no idea what this car is & how it can put a smile on your face at a light when challengers are in rear view mirror.
i took the prospective buyer for a quick ride on the entrance to the freeway, we were doing 80mph when we hit the interstate & he said sold.
Only reason I sold was cost of repairs lately & cost in future if top or engine fail, not to mention parts cannot be found if in an accident & insurance would have to total it for blue book value which is about $16,000. Now I have a new car with warranty for 5 years.:blinzel:
I enjoyed her & the net for 11 years & had trouble sleeping before the sale. Everyone enjoy the new re-union, I will miss it.

Last edited:
Standby-V,
Stay in touch with the forum, if you can. From the time I joined, your "signature block" quote has always stood out in my mind & it makes me smile when I think of it....Take care,
ras

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 XLR V

Just for the record I wanted to let owners know that I Sold my 06-V for $25,000 on Ebay:thumbsup, lots of looky loos wanting to steal it at ridiculous prices, they have no idea what this car is & how it can put a smile on your face at a light when challengers are in rear view mirror.
i took the prospective buyer for a quick ride on the entrance to the freeway, we were doing 80mph when we hit the interstate & he said sold.
Only reason I sold was cost of repairs lately & cost in future if top or engine fail, not to mention parts cannot be found if in an accident & insurance would have to total it for blue book value which is about $16,000. Now I have a new car with warranty for 5 years.:blinzel:
I enjoyed her & the net for 11 years & had trouble sleeping before the sale. Everyone enjoy the new re-union, I will miss it.
I just bought one today. Choose between a white XLR 05 and the 06V. Mileage 74,500 paid 21,500. Gap insurance will fill in if wreak to pay for replacement. Loving my car... Searched a long time for this one. Drove 12 hrs to NC. I'm so happy "tears". Nothing replaces a apart of Cadillac history. I bet you miss yours 😎

xlr-v

I just bought one today. Choose between a white XLR 05 and the 06V. Mileage 74,500 paid 21,500. Gap insurance will fill in if wreak to pay for replacement. Loving my car... Searched a long time for this one. Drove 12 hrs to NC. I'm so happy "tears". Nothing replaces a apart of Cadillac history. I bet you miss yours 😎
I just saw a wrecked one at the auction that the insurance company paid the owner 27,500 . That's a good bit above the 16,000 book value. Insurance companies have to pay ACV which is Actual Cash Value. Book value may be close or way off. They have to match what they are actually bringing in the market place.

What did you buy?

What did you do? The white 05 or the V6?

Dr. Dan,
I don't believe there were any 2005s that were produced in a white exterior.
ras

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

white

I thought I read that My 08 in white was the first year and some 09's were also white. no factory 05 in white.

I bought the 06 black XLR V. Rather than the pearl white 05 XLR. The supercharger stole my 💓!
Marsha
You may have done very good to avoid the 05 in pearl white. The only one I have ever seen in pearl white a while back and was a total rebuild listed on ebay and it was a very crude color change. I have heard you could get special paint on the cars but have yet to actually see one. Maybe cubby knows. Funny but the Wikipedia xlr lisitng shows what may be a pearl white 06 model in California that was at a Marine camp or just a bad color filter used on the photo.

There was talk back in 2008 or 2009 before production ceased that you could get an XLR painted in a special color,but is was not done at the Bowling Green plant. It was sent to Detroit, don't know where, and it was disassembled and repainted. They did the same for the Mary Kay XLR's that were painted pink. Those were not done at the plant, they were all sent to Detroit to be painted.

I remember one couple wanting a pearl white XLR and talking to Bowling Green execs, but don't know if they ever had it done. I also don't think it was an '05, I believe it was an '08 or '09 after the white ones came out in production.

You may have done very good to avoid the 05 in pearl white. The only one I have ever seen in pearl white a while back and was a total rebuild listed on ebay and it was a very crude color change. I have heard you could get special paint on the cars but have yet to actually see one. Maybe cubby knows. Funny but the Wikipedia xlr lisitng shows what may be a pearl white 06 model in California that was at a Marine camp or just a bad color filter used on the photo.

Don't know where they were painted, but there were 2 one-off ("2 off"?!) 2009 XLR-V's sold at Barrett Jackson, one White Diamond, one Black Diamond. Saw the black diamond one advertised years ago at some used car dealer in Nevada, and the Montana XLR trip on here connected with the owner of the white one (which I would LOVE to have!)

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Arc...-4b93-a2c2-67b017eea386/10-08-2009/10-11-2009

Mary kay

Actually there was a body shop not far from the plant that did at least one of the Mary KAy cars. I worked with a painter that actually painted one. He had photos and it was completely disassembled for paint which is really easy to do other than the rocker. he got all new decals from the plant. they wanted to send him a red one to paint but he said he could never have covered the red in pink so they sent a silver one which he base coated in white then pink. An 05 just sold on ebay that was white pearl but originally blue. it was supposed to have had minimum damage but if you google the serial number you can see it at the salvage yard and had been smashed bad at one point in its life. Much worse than the seller now claims. Maybe this is the second time it totaled

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom