Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sold my XLR- goodbye and a sincere thank you!! C7 vs XLR comparisons

Yep, black convertible top.
I tried to order the dark blue convertible top, but the dealer flat out refused since they said that color combo would make re-sale impossible (what the heck?? especially since I put down a $10k deposit to order it...should have been able to get whatever I wanted)

Although, now that I have it- the black is fine....doesn't show any dirt or creases like the blue

Oh, I'm shocked you don't like the adaptive cruise control in the XLR. It is a little weird at first to let the car take control on the freeway, but it is SOOOOOO nice once you get used to it.
It's super, super accurate and reliable (especially for speeds above 40 mph). Never had an issue using it over the entire 6 years.

The cruise control for the C7 just seems fiddly (steering wheel buttons are in a strange place) and old technology (same cruise control you'd find on a 1991 Honda Accord).

You should totally get the Corsa exhaust for your XLR!!! They go for around $1500. That was one regret for something I never did while owning my XLR. Was concerned that a potential owner would want everything stock. Should have just had it installed as soon as I bought the car in 2009, enjoyed the exhaust for 6 years, and swap it back to OEM before the sale.

How many miles do you have on your C7? Have you had any reliability issues? I have a weird thing where the passenger side window goes up and then automatically goes down- need to have the dealership look at it.

Maybe my cruise is just set for too long a distance. Cars can be WAY in front of me, and the car brakes.

I love on the c7 that the cruise stays set even if you shift gears. That's a cool feature.

I have a little over 7k miles, I think. Bought in March, 2014. No reliability issues to date. Love it!

I thought of something I don't like, though. I unlinked my phone from the car because she doesn't understand ANYTHING I say! Since I am always talking to my phone, this was a huge hassle. I couldn't even get her to understand "Call Kevin." Geez! :mad:

Yes, I'd never worry about exhaust and resale value. That's another thing I always get immediately on my vettes, a new exhaust. I just bought the NPP on the c7, though, so didn't have to mess with that. However, I do wish it were louder!

You can set the XLR cruise to the closest possible distance....and it still allows at least 2-3 car lengths. Totally safe and it brakes a lot less.

I have the A8 on my C7, so will have to try to see if it holds the same speed with the cruise on while down-shifting.
Glad to hear you've had no issues. I've had mine for 1 month and already put 1k miles on it!!

Some of the C7 infotainment tech is a bit wonky- like today, it wouldn't recognize my iPod classic at all....very random. And I haven't ever been able to get the Bluetooth to work to dial a number. It's like they want you to pay for the On-Star pre-paid cell minutes??! No way!
I try not to talk and drive at the same time, and the top is ALWAYS down.
The voice recognition on the C7 and the XLR pretty much both suck (although the C7's is slightly better).

You wish the NPP was louder? Holy cow. :chuckle Mine is CRAZY loud, especially since I usually leave it in Sport or Track mode. I have to put it in Stealth when driving through my neighborhood late at night.

this is pretty funny: The 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray: Too Loud To Be Sold In South Korea

You can set the XLR cruise to the closest possible distance....and it still allows at least 2-3 car lengths. Totally safe and it brakes a lot less.

I have the A8 on my C7, so will have to try to see if it holds the same speed with the cruise on while down-shifting.
Glad to hear you've had no issues. I've had mine for 1 month and already put 1k miles on it!!

Some of the C7 infotainment tech is a bit wonky- like today, it wouldn't recognize my iPod classic at all....very random. And I haven't ever been able to get the Bluetooth to work to dial a number. It's like they want you to pay for the On-Star pre-paid cell minutes??! No way!
I try not to talk and drive at the same time, and the top is ALWAYS down.
The voice recognition on the C7 and the XLR pretty much both suck (although the C7's is slightly better).

You wish the NPP was louder? Holy cow. :chuckle Mine is CRAZY loud, especially since I usually leave it in Sport or Track mode. I have to put it in Stealth when driving through my neighborhood late at night.

this is pretty funny: The 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray: Too Loud To Be Sold In South Korea

I put mine in Sport before I left the dealership, always keep it that way, and I keep the exhaust totally on/open all the time. Maybe I'm just hard of hearing? :lol:

My c5 is wicked loud, I know that. I preferred the borla stingers I had on my c6.

I would love for the XLR to have approximately the sound of the borlas. (Which, incidentally, I also have on my Grand Cherokee.)

The c7 sounds a lot better (although I'd like it to be louder!) since I have the NPP exhaust. I plan to add something to the XLR so I can hear it!

If you want something LOUD on your XLR, try this:
FUSION Corvette Exhaust Applications from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. We have it on the XLR-V & it sounds like a race car (and is almost unbearably loud if you have the baffles open). It's dual mode so on a base you'd have to leave the baffles open or closed all the time unless you retrofitted it (which I think someone on here has done). However, BB does drone pretty badly to my ears.

Corsa as on the base XLR just has a nice V8 rumble when cruising, but can scream when you get your foot in it. It'll also do some popping as you get your foot out of it, which some people don't like but which I love.

"Corsa on the base XLR just has a nice V8 rumble when cruising, but can scream when you get your foot in it. It'll also do some popping as you get your foot out of it, which some people don't like but which I love."

Funny you should mention that. I had the Corsa exhaust on my CTS-V. It would pop a little before the engine warmed up as it returned to idle. The XLR with the Corsa never did, but the exhaust idle couldn't compare with the deep rumble of the CTS-V's 5.7L engine.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry