Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Sound preference programing

BILLS_XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black/Shale XLR-V
Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for storing the hi-mid-bass and DSP settings. I've tried just about everything on FM1 & 2. I'm setting tones and DSP for each station individually and then holding the #1 driver program button on the seat after each station setting till I hear two beeps and then some. The next time I return to that station my settings are lost????? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

I'll check when I get home tonight, but my recollection is that the seat button has nothing to do with the radio, just the seat settings and the mirrors. The car identifies the person as #1 or #2 by the key fob being used to enter the car. If I remember correctly, you tune the station and make all the setting adjustments you want, then hold the appropriate button down to set the station number preset on the radio. When you hear the beep that the station is preset to a number, it also stores all the settings with it. Then on to tuning, setting your preferences for the next preset.

DUH!!!!

Majik,
That actually makes sense and it's the only thing that I didn't try. I'll give it a shot later and post the result here. Thanks again,
Bill

Problem solved (Operator error!)

Thanks Majik you were right on!!!! I love this forum!!!
Bill
I'll check when I get home tonight, but my recollection is that the seat button has nothing to do with the radio, just the seat settings and the mirrors. The car identifies the person as #1 or #2 by the key fob being used to enter the car. If I remember correctly, you tune the station and make all the setting adjustments you want, then hold the appropriate button down to set the station number preset on the radio. When you hear the beep that the station is preset to a number, it also stores all the settings with it. Then on to tuning, setting your preferences for the next preset.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom