Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Speaker replacement?

Phrede

Seasoned Member
Anyone ever replace the 10" woofers in the doors. I have one bad and am considering an upgrade over stock replacement. I have been told by more than one vendor that it would be very problematic. Clearances, 1ohm speaker ??, and low power in the stock amp.

Anyone :dunno:

Anyone ever replace the 10" woofers in the doors. I have one bad and am considering an upgrade over stock replacement. I have been told by more than one vendor that it would be very problematic. Clearances, 1ohm speaker ??, and low power in the stock amp.

I can't help you with your question or problem but I can say that our system is Bose and if they are like the Corvette's (like in my 88) you can't just replace the speaker with a different non-Bose speaker. Bose is like a proprietary system and all parts have to match. I had a buzz in the driver's left side seat speaker and I removed it and found the fabric that keeps junk out of the speaker was all folded up and against the speaker.

The speaker looks like a small tweeter but I'm not sure how much juice it takes or the ohms that it works at. You could call Bose and ask them, they made the system. I believe they are located in Mass.

Phrede, Maybe it is just the rap music that you listen to. LOL

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry