Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! suspension control modual

benny

My XLR/V(s)
2005 xlr
Hey Guys, just replaced shocks and sensor on car. Found out after that my suspension modul is bad. Is there any way to turn off reminder on dash without buying new modual or is there anybody that can repair it. I sure there is a lot of this going on. Thanks

no way to turn off light and no one to repair it. I had a customer find on for 850 and I have tried to contact the seller to buy it as they usually cost 1500 for the module. Will let you know if I can get it for you. People tha tread this, if you are going to replace your shocks with mag ride, you really out to think about it. Several have spent a lot of money on the mag rides only to have the module go out. we are working on a module that will allow the uses of the corvette shocks when the module is damaged . Now you have to have a good working module to run the corvette shocks which is really the way to go. also unless your car was in a flood you need to really check out the top module before you try and open your top. if the suspension module goes out the top module is right behind it to go.

Thanks, Two mag shocks were bad so changing them to kyb and putting in the censors to over ride it was cheaper. Did not know at the time suspension module was bad. Water had been in there to so was not sure how much damage was done. Replaced the top module, pump, and all cylinders so top works fine. Next step is to see if all seals need done or if the motor or cylinders was cause of leak. Thanks

I don't think you can just replace two shocks with non mag? That's a new one for me. We do all 4 but the module has to be working to turn off the safety system speed limiter.

Yep. I did all 4 and that is when I found out the Modual was bad.

Was anyone successful on the “we are working on a module that will allow the use of corvette shocks when the module is damaged”?

I am under the impression it is possible to use Casper simulators but you will still have errors such as the limited speed to 80 and the plugs have to be modified to work on XLR because the Vette plugs is slightly different. Am I understanding correctly and if so what exactly does having the simulators accomplish?

If the suspension module is bad it will still bring up warning on dash that there is still a problem. Simulators wont fix the problem. Hope this helps.

If the suspension module is bad it will still bring up warning on dash that there is still a problem. Simulators wont fix the problem. Hope this helps.

If the module is bad the non mag shocks with sims will give you a proper suspension. With a bad module and mag shocks they are only working at one setting and if they are leaking then you basically have no shocks at all. I sent you a PM Fzjadam

Yes he is correct, when you change all shocks. I don't think you need the simulators because that is just to fool the module.

Suspension problems

Fzjadam.

I have read that 8 months ago and we have not got any signs that a suspension module of a c6 corvette was modified with succes yet for an XLR.

I have read also some members had try to do it and fails.

I have also read that some simulators were not fitting properly as the connectors were not suitables, many of the members have made this upgrade with the gasper proper simulators and most of them have not reporting that they do not fit.

I am looking to do that update with the KYB shocks and the gaspers simulators, when it is installed I will tell the members the fines/goods results.

The similators will not be the solution of the XLR mag shocks with a defective module, a defective module remains a defective one.

Good luck.

IAN:blue:

Last edited:
we have 2 members at present that are testing the work around on the 04-05 module and so far they are working fine . Been installed for about 4 months at present.
It will not be sold as it has to be installed and set up by someone that knows what they are doing . . it is not a corvette module they will not work. They look alike and thats it.
Again I would like to hear from anyone using the casper sims that did not work. Never heard a single person say that. Some cheap ebay setup may not work but Casper guarantees theirs 100%. Most likely someone said they did not work as they will not turn the light off on a defective module. They do not claim to do that.
The sim bypass is a very simple repair to make on the car as its just a resister of the proper ohms and has been done by thousands of corvette guys. My car has resistors hard wired in place of the casper items as they were not available when i did mine 4 years ago. It takes about 2-3 hours to cut and install a hard wired one at a cost of 15$ for all 8 the sims from Casper only cost 175 right now so the effort to save a few bucks is not worth it .The Casper items are water proof and they only need to be zip tied to the car and you are done . when installed properly they will last the live of the car.

Installing non mag shocks with a bad module will put your car in perfect order to drive up to 80 mph. The suspension will work perfectly. You just cannot exceed 80 due to the cut off in the ecm. You do not need the sims if you know your module is bad and do not want to spend 2000$ on a used one. You can still drive your car. Unlike the mags with a bad module that do not work the shocks at all, or worse, can send false signals to a shock resulting in a worse ride .

Suspension problems

Sally.

Paragraph one OK, paragraph two OK, paragraph three maybe, paragraph four OK, and finally paragraph five OK.

This is a very good post.

IAN:thumbsup

well well well

In your post of 5 sections ( paragraphs ) you are talking of 5 subject and I have simply mentioned you an '' OK '' ( agreed ) for what your are saying.

IAN . :burnout:

sorry again. I am an older adult. I will get the grandkids to tell me the cartoon you like to insert

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom