Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Svc Traction Cntl, Red engine pwr

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
Yesterday while coming home from a quick drive, the DIC says, "Reduced Engine Pwr, Svc Trac Control". Guess I'll make an appointment at the local Cadillac dealership. Will let you all know what the problem is...
Didn't realize that the traction control system was tied to the engine power, but I guess it makes sense...

Seems to have cured itself!!! I finally had a chance to bring the car to the shop to check things out today; when I started it, the traction control light went out, but the engine light stayed on. I also had full engine power.
I had a friend pull the code and it showed P2135, throttle pedal position sensor 1-2 Correlation. Had him clear the code; maybe it was just a glitch, hopefully it stays gone... if it comes back, looks like I'll have a throttle pedal position sensor to replace. Looked in the service manuals, but couldn't find anything about it. Anybody know where it the sensor is referenced in the manuals????

HELP!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!

Yesterday, the same thing happened... the DIC stated "Service Traction Control, Reduced Engine Power", the TC light and engine light came on. Shut off the car, started it back up about 1/2 hour later and only the engine light stayed lit. Nothing in the DIC. My guess is when I pull the code, it will be the same one as before... P2135. Anybody know where the throttle pedal position sensor is and how to replace it? I find no reference to the sensor in the service manuals...

Found it...

Under accelerator pedal position sensor... one would think if the code calls it "throttle", it would be under "throttle" in the manual. Looks like the sensor is part of the accelerator pedal assembly. Ordered a pedal assembly... list is only $90, my cost around $65. Looks like it takes minimal time to replace. Does anyone know if any type of reprogramming is required after replacement?

Under accelerator pedal position sensor... one would think if the code calls it "throttle", it would be under "throttle" in the manual. Looks like the sensor is part of the accelerator pedal assembly. Ordered a pedal assembly... list is only $90, my cost around $65. Looks like it takes minimal time to replace. Does anyone know if any type of reprogramming is required after replacement?
Cadillac tech should be able to help you with that.

Speedway

Service light went out.

Well, last night we went for a quick drive and the service light was out. I'm going to change the accelerator pedal assembly anyway when it comes in... probably early next week. Strange thing, when I ordered it, the parts man at the dealer said it is coming from Canada???

Thanks, Rich. The pedal came in yesterday and will probably get in put in on Monday. Will let you know if it works correctly...

I had to have my brake pedal sensor switch replaced. I was going to do it myself until I found out that the tech 2 had to relearn the switch. Might be the same case for you.

I had to have my brake pedal sensor switch replaced. I was going to do it myself until I found out that the tech 2 had to relearn the switch. Might be the same case for you.

Haven't had a chance to change it out yet... and I'm on vacation in Maine until Monday. Actually, nothing has happened since I got the accelerator pedal in; in fact, the engine light went out the day I got the pedal in and hasn't come on since.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom