Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The CD, the Home-Link and the Exhaust Valves.

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hi,

#1 Does anybody know a reliable repair outfit for the CD player? I do not want to go aftermarket. My CD drive in the car has ejected now four CD's (prior owner had left burned ones in it; they played fine but were not my type of music, and when I tried to eject them two came out, then, the unit failed - - CD ERROR ). Two more have come out, but I think there is one left in there still. I tried the fuse pull and after ten minutes put it back inn.
The screen "was" accessible, but since the fuse pull, is not. Now the CD screen is just grayed out except for the LOAD function. Touching that does nothing except clicks for a few second. It also clicks and cycles each time I open the door and get in. It stops after a very few seconds.

#2 The Home-Link (Universal Home Remote) buttons on my visor are inoperable. They do not light at all when pushed. Where is the fuse for the Home-Link ?

#3 Where are the fuse, the module and the solenoid which controls the exhaust valves ? Mine are both in the open position all the time. Would like to get them operational again. Figured would check each of these. have verified the valves can work. thhey just remain open all the time , car on , car off.

Bill

Last edited:
There is a solinoid on the passenger side in the rear. Mine did the same thing. The vacuum lines run across to it. It’s is the same part that is on the z06 Bette

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a solinoid on the passenger side in the rear. Mine did the same thing. The vacuum lines run across to it. It’s is the same part that is on the z06 Bette

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

System is fairly simple, there is a control module in the left truck well (where the top pump is) it gets power and LAN connections and sends 12v to the solenoid behind the pass rear wheel. Tech 2 helps in troubleshooting but a meter will do. First check for vacuum at the accumulator behind the pass rear wheel.(start car up let run for a few min, shut down and let sit for about 10 min. Pull the vacuum line off and hopefully there is still a vacuum there. If not, check for leaks.
The solenoid has one connector to it, with the car running, check for voltage there, if there is voltage, replace the solenoid, if not than check power at the module and replace the module if wiring looks good.
At this point, the module is not available and the solenoid is about $50, so simplest thing to do is just try replacing the solenoid as it’s about the only moving part in the system.

Soilved 2 of the three

Hi

Well the Home Link is fused through the Cigar lighter. Replacing the 25 AMP fuse solved that. Now just to program it

Found that the exhaust valves had little in line valves in the vac hose out back by the vac dash pots . Don't know who did that. Saw them the other day, but paid no attention. Today, was under the back, but actually saw there were arrows on knobs on them and turned them to be in line with the hose. Started the car and it was immediately quiet. Heard the flaps close.

Still need to deal with the CD player aspect of the audio system.

Thanks PBrown and Fireduck69 for the responses.

Bill

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back