Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Hydraulic fluid

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

Is there a way to change out the hydraulic fluid, short of pulling the pump ? The X is going on 14 now and really doubt that the fluid has ever been changed. Maybe even a partial change out ? Realize that the fluid to each cylinder probably can't be flushed out, but would like to change out some, if it will help. Do you all think a fluid change out, even a partial invite problems ? I do have the GM fluid.

It is hard for me to tell the level in my system by looking at the reservoir. It seems all the same color. I resorted to sticking a zip tie end into the fluid reservoir, as a sort of "dip stick". It matched with what I was seeing with a VERY, VERY bright light. The top in the X works fine.

Bill

Bill S. I am not so sure that's necessary. I have had my current motorhome for over 10 years and the slides are hydraulic. The fluid has never been changed and they run great. I think with these XLR tops if they run fine I would just leave it..
John F.

I'm just trying to find the hydraulic reservoir on an '09. Where is it???

Steve...........................#787

Hey

Driver's side rear trunk area. move the carpeting away from that corner carefully. There is a fiberboard floor cover about 8" by 9" or so .....odd shaped. Sort of covers that area. The pump and reservoir are down in that well.

Bill

CL CHF 11S.jpg

Synthetic hydraulic fluid...... If you can't find locally, I have a 1 Liter new, unused can available for sale > $18 + shipping CONTUS Send private message if interested or email LLmotorsportz @ gmail DOT com

Last edited:
that's the same non oem recommended fluid for Mercedes. good stuff not as pricey as a/c delco

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom