Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Transmission Fluid and Filter Change

thanks again James! All good info!

Thanks JB, I had my trans fluid replaced (not filter) and diff lube earlier this week at a caddy/chevy dealer. I met the service rep at the parts window to be sure the part num they would put in the diff was that of the most recent SB I saw. It was. So I hope I am good now.

I think these fluid changes are extremely important, and as stated on numerous posts from years before, because GM has accumulated a good deal of experiential wisdom about their own technology over time. For example: when we were shopping for a used XLR, we were on the brink of purchasing one, but there was a pronounced "shutter" when making a sharp turn in or out of a parking space --- this car was being offered in a large FLorida GM dealership, and I was told that the shutter was "normal" for XLR's. Apparently, this was the issue addressed by the new "more slippery" differential fluid, that fixed the flaw. (I was not satisfied by the representative's response, and wisely, moved on) Happy day, James

I would love to get to the fluid change level, spent the last 3 months just trying to keep the car going forward (shift cable) and lean codes hydralic leaks; been to Legions now this will be the 3rd time let's see that is equal to how long I have owned this gem and now have a "bricked" pcm/ecm ( I expected something as I ordered one last week). After reading through all the comments no one has ever responded about the trany fluid type and how.

I should do a better job at my postings especally if one would want to use the service that I am writting about. The company is Legends (I before E except after C) anyway I flunked english more than once! I do not have any rating yet as the only thing fixed was my top now works if I keep adding hydralic oil, and a shift cable (I paid for) was replaced bill total to date $885.00 Now I bought a $180.00 ECM oil foulers and what else he will hit me for.

Well you should not have to add fluid to the top. You either have a line leaking or a cylinder. Usually you will get a leak in the headliner or the left rear area under the car ahead of the wheel.

Well you should not have to add fluid to the top. You either have a line leaking or a cylinder. Usually you will get a leak in the headliner or the left rear area under the car ahead of the wheel.
I think it is the left side roof lift cylinder, been focusing on getting this car thru emmissions first then will respond the the lift cylinders. I have been removing old oil and refilling with new to cycle out the old stuff.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom