Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire Monitor

beaver_jd

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V
Every once in a while my rear tire shows low. Tonight the tire pressure showed zero. Then it said max speed is 55 mph. I stepped on it . I am sure I exceeded 55. Then the tire warning went out and everything went back to normal. My question is when it says max 55 mph will the car only go 55 or is it just a warning.
John F.

Every once in a while my rear tire shows low. Tonight the tire pressure showed zero. Then it said max speed is 55 mph. I stepped on it . I am sure I exceeded 55. Then the tire warning went out and everything went back to normal. My question is when it says max 55 mph will the car only go 55 or is it just a warning.
John F.

One question: Are you still on the original TPMS sensors? If so, the battery in them won't last forever. Using my TECH2, I found out that 2 of mine were almost dead. I've replaced those 2 last year, and have 2 more new ones waiting to be replaced. I'm fairly certain that when that warning comes on, you are limited to 55mph.

One question: Are you still on the original TPMS sensors? If so, the battery in them won't last forever. Using my TECH2, I found out that 2 of mine were almost dead. I've replaced those 2 last year, and have 2 more new ones waiting to be replaced. I'm fairly certain that when that warning comes on, you are limited to 55mph.

I'm pretty sure that's a warning for....like if your XLR was running Run Flat Tires the max speed you should drive a Run Flat if it was empty of its air... is around 55mph so if the tire sensors would of trigger that there was zero pressure in a tire it was warning you of the speed to 55 on a damaged no air in that Run Flat Tire! Even though the sensor may have malfunctioned! I don't believe it limits you to only being able to drive 55 it should just be warning message!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on my original sensors. Would I get new sensors at tire shop or should I go to a Cadillac dealer ?
John F.

I am on my original sensors. Would I get new sensors at tire shop or should I go to a Cadillac dealer ?
John F.

Any tire store should fix you up. Personally I would buy them myself at a better price and have a tire shop install them. Markup is highway robbery.

Any tire store should fix you up. Personally I would buy them myself at a better price and have a tire shop install them. Markup is highway robbery.

Are the batteries replaceable in the valve sensors and if so where can they be purchased?

Are the batteries replaceable in the valve sensors and if so where can they be purchased?

They are sealed units. This is what they look like. All sealed up with epoxy on the other side. I have 2 fresh ones ready to be changed out first chance I get

Attachments

• 2017-02-13 19.39.53.jpg
    2017-02-13 19.39.53.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 175

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics