Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor replacement

deville70

My XLR/V(s)
XLR 2005 noire VIN: 1G6YV34A155600340
Hi, Ive got to replace my TPMSs on my 2005 XLR.
Are there any recommandation ?
Price range is $ 25 to 61.
Shall I have to programm the sensors ?
Thanks for your advises

you will need to program them but you can buy a tool for 7$ that does it fine. GM ones have a use by date on them and run about 40$ Breaking the tire down to install them at a dealer and you need to reuse the cones and cap. If you can get the ac delco replacement they are cheaper. I have bought the china ones and the batteries be dead when I get them
TPMS171K are ac delco and about 33 each at rock auto

The ac delco listed here are the exact same ones as the GM part number and come with the GM number on them

Hey

Amazon..... ACDelco 25758220 . Ordered. installed... done. ........ Mine is an '06 V .............. 48.46 ea.

Bill

Last edited:
Discount Tire, Maybe?

FYI, I bought my Bridgestone Run Flats at Discount Tire. Since the sensors of the TPMS are inside the tire and the tire must be broken down to change them. I just let them do it and they do the reprogramming as well. I think $35.00 per tire, maybe it was $45.00? But close. --- Caution here though. They started to just run a Walker Jack under the rocker panel without the Hockey Pucks in place to jack up the car. I was watching and stopped them before they crushed the Rocker Panels. --- Necessary to install the Hockey Pucks with the Ring Eye in the frame slots first (spacers) before lifting the car with a Low Profile Walker Jack.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back