Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire pressure re-set tool

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I received my tool today EL-50448 . I got it because I want to have new tire pressure sensors installed in my 2005 XLR. The instructions on the back of it say: "Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS learn mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall. The green LED indicates that the tool is transmitting

Questions: 1- How do I put the vehicle in TPMS learn Mode? :(:( 2- Do I do this procedure for each tire?? 3- What is the service procedure I am to follow?

Last edited:
Select the ACC position on the ignition switch.
Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitter lock and unlock buttons until a double horn chirp sounds, indicating the TPM learn mode has been enabled.
NOTE
Important
If a horn chirp does not sound after 15 seconds using either tool, repeat step 1.
Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the TPM tool against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the Activate button and wait until a horn chirp sounds.
After the horn chirp sounds, proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:

Right front
Right rear
Left rear

After the left rear sensor is learned, a double horn chirp will sound indicating all sensor IDs have been learned.
Select the OFF position on the ignition switch to exit the TPM learn mode.

Thank you so much for your very explicit instructions!!

You said:Important-If a horn chirp does not sound after 15 seconds, repeat step one. Step one is select ACC position. Don't you mean step two, simultaneously press lock/unlock on the key fob?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom