Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
I just installed a new battery and my TPMS numbers for all tires went to 0 zero. Do you need a special device to reset each one or can you do it using a strong magnet? :dunno:

:patriot:

If all you did was replace your battery, they should reset the next time you drive it. It may take awhile before the computer picks up the info from the sensors.

I just installed a new battery and my TPMS numbers for all tires went to 0 zero. Do you need a special device to reset each one or can you do it using a strong magnet? :dunno:

:patriot:

If all you did was replace your battery, they should reset the next time you drive it. It may take awhile before the computer picks up the info from the sensors.

My dealer reset them today when they replaced my Bose amp. I did drive the car about 60 miles but they remained at zero. Those miles were running errands no steady driving with shutting the car off then restarts. Anyway all is back to normal execpt my Nav's settings. After I left the dealer all of my memory points were there under the different catagories. Just a couple of hours ago we went out to eat and when we got back into the car, all of the cayagories were empty. I lost all of the addresses ect... Oh well.. shirt happens!! :(

I recently changed my rims and tires on my 04 with a set of 06 V wheels. After install I drove the car to my local hand wash which was only 1/2 mile. All four corners registered. Whoo! I'm curious what kind of battery do they take?

I recently changed my rims and tires on my 04 with a set of 06 V wheels. After install I drove the car to my local hand wash which was only 1/2 mile. All four corners registered. Whoo! I'm curious what kind of battery do they take?

I don't think it would be practical to use batteries for this application, since batteries deplete. I think using Piezoelectricity is much more appropriate.
But I don't really know for sure.

The batteries are not serviceable in the TPMS sensors. I believe he was talking about the car battery.

The batteries are not serviceable in the TPMS sensors. I believe he was talking about the car battery.

:dunno:always reading and not thinking:pat: the reason why I asked what kind of battery,I swear I read of someone asking about replacing the batteries before, and I also thought they would use some different kind of power generating device? Isn't that what the canuter valve does?:confused:

I am incorrect. Acording to the service manual, the sensors do in fact contain batteries, which are not servicable.
Mia Culpa

Rusty 06 V

I don't think it would be practical to use batteries for this application, since batteries deplete. I think using Piezoelectricity is much more appropriate.
But I don't really know for sure.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back