GM Press Release Tire Pressure Monitoring System

ebtdad

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Hello, all -

TPMS shows "Low Pressure." This, even though air pressure
is normal.:wave:

Other than expensive replacement, by (robber) dealer, only,
does anyone have an idea on how to fix . . .?

Hello, all -

TPMS shows "Low Pressure." This, even though air pressure
is normal.:wave:

Other than expensive replacement, by (robber) dealer, only,
does anyone have an idea on how to fix . . .?

GM Press Release? More than likely the battery in the TPMS is getting weak. I've had to replace all of mine since purchase in 2015

You can find new sensors on eBay or Amazon a lot cheaper than the dealerships. As rexster stated, there are batteries inside the sensor, which aren't replaceable, you need to replace the complete sensor. You might as well replace them all and make sure they get programmed.

TPMS

Hi All,
Good afternoon. Just another day in Paradise. I am going to replace the wheels on my XLR and also the tpms in each. Does anyone recommend a good aftermarket tpms? There are several types and manufactures on ebay. Would appreciate any known recommendations. Thanks, Fred

2 years ago I put new tires and wheels on mine and the shop ordered tpms from NAPA Auto. Have no clue of brand but have had no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

2 years ago I put new tires and wheels on mine and the shop ordered tpms from NAPA Auto. Have no clue of brand but have had no issues whatsoever.

That's good to know. My X has been doing the same thing as ebtdad"s X. I purchased 4 new ones from GMParts and have yet to have them installed. I had no idea that I could just go to NAPA to get replacements. Would you mind telling me what they cost. I paid $70 each at GMParts. Just curious.

$25 dollars installed. They weren't expensive.

NAPA Auto Parts,,,,

At > NAPA Auto Parts

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Programmable Sensor

Product Line

Echlin Ignition

PART #

ECH 924001A

2005 Cadillac XLR

$56.49 /Each

TPMS

Hi All,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise. Thanks for the info. Just glade to know aftermarket are acceptable and work... Have a great day.
Fred

As stated, don't know the brand but $25 was added to my bill notation TPMS.

If you go to CarID they have prices from 70 bucks down to the single digits. Depending on what you want to pay for.

If you don't mind me asking where did you have them installed? Was it a dealership, repair shop or what? Just curious because I'd like to have mine installed but are a little bit leery about who does it.

As stated, don't know the brand but $25 was added to my bill notation TPMS.

If you go to CarID they have prices from 70 bucks down to the single digits. Depending on what you want to pay for.

I doubt they replaced them. Just charged 25 to check the battery to see if any life left and to reset them. The best price I have seen anywhere is around 50 each new.

If you don't mind me asking where did you have them installed? Was it a dealership, repair shop or what? Just curious because I'd like to have mine installed but are a little bit leery about who does it.
I bought the wheels from CarID and had Goodyear put them on. The original monitors stayed on the original wheels.

Part # and price

what is the NAPA part # and price per each??

I have four (4) for sale at $135.00 with free shipping if you're interested. They are not decorated with diamonds, but they do include the mounting nuts.

That's over $200.0 for 4!!!??? Are they decorated with diamonds??

Tire pressure monitors

$25 dollars installed. They weren't expensive.

In the next thread after yours PURE ZEN says they cost $56.49 each, you say $25 installed? I'd rather pay the $25! Please exlain more fully.

in the next thread PURE ZEN says they cost $56.49 each

It simply depends on what's needed. The guy at Goodyear said it made more sense to install new monitors on the new wheels than using the originals from the original wheels. I agreed. He called his supplier, NAPA and ordered them. When it was completed my bill was $150 for mounting, balancing and new monitors.

If this doesn't help whomever is reading this, you have to figure it out yourself. Good luck.
In the next thread after yours PURE ZEN says they cost $56.49 each, you say $25 installed? I'd rather pay the $25! Please exlain more fully.

in the next thread PURE ZEN says they cost $56.49 each

tire monitors

It simply depends on what's needed. The guy at Goodyear said it made more sense to install new monitors on the new wheels than using the originals from the original wheels. I agreed. He called his supplier, NAPA and ordered them. When it was completed my bill was $150 for mounting, balancing and new monitors.

If this doesn't help whomever is reading this, you have to figure it out yourself. Good luck.

Sounds like you got a DEAL!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry